• I will be mostly eating pancakes (61.4%)
  • I won't be eating pancakes (22.22%)
  • I am pancake, eat me (16.37%)

It always strikes me as a bit of an odd day. I love pancakes, but generally only for a lazy weekend breakfast, not on a Tuesday. But people seem to go mental for them once a year & probably never eat them for the rest of the year.

Then there's that odd phenomenon of drowning them in lemon concentrate that comes in a plastic lemon.. one can only presume that real lemons are, I dunno.. too real?

So what's your take on Jif Lemon Day & will you be partaking in the great pancake debacle of 2012?

1 person has thanked this post
JuliusCaesar Moderator

Yes.

Habit from when kids small.

Also, I like pancakes. Usually mushroom filling, followed by dessert pancake with Nutella.

2 people have thanked this post

starbelgrade said:
It always strikes me as a bit of an odd day. I love pancakes, but generally only for a lazy weekend breakfast, not on a Tuesday. But people seem to go mental for them once a year & probably never eat them for the rest of the year.

Then there's that odd phenomenon of drowning them in lemon concentrate that comes in a plastic lemon.. one can only presume that real lemons are, I dunno.. too real?

So what's your take on Jif Lemon Day & will you be partaking in the great pancake debacle of 2012?

Surely you mean CIF

13 people have thanked this post
Jess16 Registered User

I think it's less to do with pancakes and more about recreating the traditions we grew up with

5 people have thanked this post
PrincessLola Registered User

Its a nice tradition.

Better then Valentine's Day anyway.. *forever alone*

19 people have thanked this post
El Weirdo Registered User

I plan on eating loads of the bastards tomorrow. With ice cream.

Although, we would have pancakes fairly regularly in our house.

3 people have thanked this post

Won't be able to do it tomorrow so had pancake Tuesday today instead. I had seven of them and I will probably eat another three before bed. Pancake Tueday overtook easter for me as soon as I hit around 21

Novella Registered User

I love pancakes so yes, I'm gonna have some. I'm gonna have lots!

Seachmall Registered User

Pancake Tuesday; the only day of the year I eat breakfast.

The King of Moo Registered User

There are strong, deeply-ingrained religious traditions underpinning Pancake Tuesday.

Jesus loved pancakes, but forced himself to only have them once a year on a Tuesday in spring, as he knew otherwise he'd just eat them everyday and get really fat.

So if you don't have pancakes tomorrow, then the terrorists win.

69 people have thanked this post
Casillas Registered User

Feck, im on a healty eating kick at the mo. This could ruin it all!!

Pancakes are just the best. They deserve their own day, dedicated just for them!! Always felt bad for my mam though- she used to end up standing over the cooker for ages making pancake after pancake for 4 kids. She became an expert at having 2 or 3 on the go at one time.

And I'm pretty sure everyone with siblings fought over who got the first pancake! It's an important part of the tradition.

4 people have thanked this post
jay phelan Registered User

I'll be eating a f**k load of them.

I've got my Nutella at the ready!

homer.j Registered User

mmmmmmmmm *drools* pancaaaakkkkkeeeeeeessssssss.

A sprinke of caster sugar and a drop of jif lemon and we're ready to go.

2 people have thanked this post

I'm gonna eat so many pancakes I might turn into a big pancake.

6 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!