#31

portgirl123 said:
no, but im not her mother and she is not 8 weeks old


What age is she?

ppink Registered User
#32

Do you think it could be because when she was on the farm activity started at that time, so it is her "getting up time" and she is crying wondering where you are??
Our guys are all programmed to be up at 630am and out for their walk and we did have one of our GSD's "knocking" on the bedroom door at that time on weekends also. we had taught her the "into bed" so after a few times of just calling out to her to go "into bed" she would and from then on the only time she will disturb us is if she has an emergency

portgirl123 Registered User
#33

bluewolf said:
I don't know tbh, from a quick google it appears german shepherds really just cry a lot...
personally i'd be going out and telling her to stop in a firm tone of voice but i suppose you must have done that

edit: and bringing her to the vet just to double check everything is ok

yep have done that, it might stop her if were lucky for mins and then she starts again only louder. she was in vets fri getting her vac and vet did full health check plus bloods. as far as he can see, while waiting for bloods to come back she is one of the healthiest dogs he has seen

portgirl123 Registered User
#34

Ronnie Beck said:
What age is she?

she is around 17 months old

portgirl123 Registered User
#35

ppink said:
Do you think it could be because when she was on the farm activity started at that time, so it is her "getting up time" and she is crying wondering where you are??
Our guys are all programmed to be up at 630am and out for their walk and we did have one of our GSD's "knocking" on the bedroom door at that time on weekends also. we had taught her the "into bed" so after a few times of just calling out to her to go "into bed" she would and from then on the only time she will disturb us is if she has an emergency


it could be, and i think it prob is but id of thought after a yr she would now have learnd. the thing is once were up, even though she dont get any attention till i thinks a decent time she is fine.

ppink Registered User
#36

yea its funny. i am not sure our dog gives a hoot about no attention, all she wants is us all to be up and ready!
Is Suzi high energy?

portgirl123 Registered User
#37

ppink said:
yea its funny. i am not sure our dog gives a hoot about no attention, all she wants is us all to be up and ready!
Is Suzi high energy?


thats the thing, no she aint. she loves her walks and as i already said we also work on her training every day to tire menatally out but if for some reason we cant get out or maybe not as much she is fine. thats what bothers me as during the day she is happy to just lie around by herself, with us or with the other dogs, what ever is on offer and she is totally fine. its not that when she gets up she needs us she dont. once she knows were up shes fine. at night depending on her mood she could be in with us different times. some nights she might look to go out at 8 other nights could be 11 but the outcomes the same, once shes out she fine, she will potter around or sleep what ever but at half 6 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

meoklmrk91 Registered User
#38

You need to break the cycle, she is in the habit of this behaviour, she knows it morning, she wants everyone up to begin the day. My lad wakes me up at half 7 every morning to go outside and have his breakfast.

With regard to the shed, is she able to go in and out as she pleases. I only say this because if you locked her in at night, she might not know its morning and once the cycle is broken you could go back to leaving her as she was.

I would be careful with this though, it all depends on the dog, she sounds like she may have confidence issues and thus it could make her panic and cause her more harm than good.

ppink Registered User
#39

portgirl123 said:
id of thought after a yr she would now have learnd.


she is probably thinking the same about you

meoklmrk91 said:
You need to break the cycle, she is in the habit of this behaviour, she knows it morning, she wants everyone up to begin the day.


I was thinking this too. It is a diffficult one! I am sure you tried hard already to have her in at night.

portgirl123 Registered User
#40

meoklmrk91 said:
You need to break the cycle, she is in the habit of this behaviour, she knows it morning, she wants everyone up to begin the day. My lad wakes me up at half 7 every morning to go outside and have his breakfast.

With regard to the shed, is she able to go in and out as she pleases. I only say this because if you locked her in at night, she might not know its morning and once the cycle is broken you could go back to leaving her as she was.

I would be careful with this though, it all depends on the dog, she sounds like she may have confidence issues and thus it could make her panic and cause her more harm than good.


totally agree with you. the only thing about locking the shed door is as ive already said she is not happy been shut in anywhere, even in the house after awhile, she gets all paniky and needs to get out. id imagine if i did this it woulkd do more damage than good. i only got her at around 5-6 months so i dont know why she hates been in but as i said she is getting better. as well even in winter when still is pitch black she still starts.

portgirl123 Registered User
#41

I was thinking this too. It is a diffficult one! I am sure you tried hard already to have her in at night.
you couldnt imagine how hard we have tried to get her used to been in, i hate dogs been outside, i swore id never have a out door dog as i believe they shouldnt be left outside but whatever happened to suzie she freaks after AWHILE WHEN SHE HAS BEEN IN. AT THE MOMENT WE HAVE her A BIT MORE SETTLED IN THE KITCHEN BUT SHE WONT COME INTO THE SITING ROOM AT All. sorry didnt know i had the capitals on

JustAThought Registered User
#42

Hmmm.
Can you supertreat her back into the crate at 0630?
Or if it's a conditioning thing could yiunmove the crate somewhere to where there is no natural " daybreak" ; or put a blackout curtain over her crate so she won't be woken ip by the light?
Might be worth a try.
Of course it could be the feckin birds waking her up but you never know!?

portgirl123 Registered User
#43

JustAThought said:
Hmmm.
Can you supertreat her back into the crate at 0630?
Or if it's a conditioning thing could yiunmove the crate somewhere to where there is no natural " daybreak" ; or put a blackout curtain over her crate so she won't be woken ip by the light?
Might be worth a try.
Of course it could be the feckin birds waking her up but you never know!?


thats the thing as ive already posted, she sleeps outside, until few weeks ago it was still pitch black and no birds singing but shed still be awake. asd i cant get her to sleep inside id say my chances of crate training her would be nil

meoklmrk91 Registered User
#44

She seems to have confidence issues, from what you say anyway. I would maybe get some advice from a good animal behaviourist and skip the trainers. Roaring at her is only going to make her more nervous and ignoring hasn't helped. Is there plugs in the shed, perhaps you could put a radio in there and just it on for company, or maybe even get a timer socket and have it come on just around the time she starts to cry.

1 person has thanked this post
#45

Ronnie Beck said:
Progress from that to picking her up by the scuff and shaking her hard.


Ronnie Beck, I'd ask you not to advocate what would be considered cruelty or violence, this is against our forum charter so consider this a warning.

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!