naughtb4 said:
How do people find texting with this?

with the smaller size im worried my fat fingers wont be able to cope

It's fiddly in portrait but in landscape it's fine, i've fat fingers too and I found it very easy to do.

1 person has thanked this post
CaSCaDe711 Registered User

Anyone unlock it yet? Was it easy?

"Might" pick one up this week, and want to throw my Tesco SIM into it

livEwirE Registered User

Has anyone successfully unlocked one of these phones, the instructions are a bit intimidating, is it really that hard?

54kroc said:
It's fiddly in portrait but in landscape it's fine, i've fat fingers too and I found it very easy to do.

I find it really good and I'm not the biggest fan of touch screens. I prefer the portrait keyboard.

glasso Registered User

livEwirE said:
Has anyone successfully unlocked one of these phones, the instructions are a bit intimidating, is it really that hard?

no it's not. just follow the instructions that I gave in page 1. worked no probs for me. helps to have another person to put in the usb cable into the phone or pc while you are connecting the 2 points. the most difficult thing for me was figuring out where the connector point was - under the sticker that's under the battery.

livEwirE Registered User

Thanks glasso, hopefully it won't be too tricky, just ordered one through fatcheese

glasso Registered User

livEwirE said:
Thanks glasso, hopefully it won't be too tricky, just ordered one through fatcheese

just re the piece of wire that youll need - the sort of thin stuff that you find in any old electronics works. strip down to copper on both ends and use one of these ends to tie / touch the ground pins (2 close together). get a safety pin an tie other copper wire end to this. pointy needle end of safety pin means that it's easy to accurately touch the test point.

BigCon Registered User

Here's a video of the unlock being done on an xperia active - the mini procedure is identical.
Easy enough (I used the wife's tweezers and it worked fine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OVXMQath0Lk

califano Registered User

How good is the flash?. OP says 'runs flash' but on one spec it was 'flash support' What sort of flash limitations may there be?.

glasso Registered User

rounders123 said:
How good is the flash?. OP says 'runs flash' but on one spec it was 'flash support' What sort of flash limitations may there be?.

runs video on sites like rte player, bbc site etc no probs. that's as much as I wanted and it works seamlessly. haven't tried flash games.

dog_pig Registered User

Is there any way to unlock the Xperia Mini for free or do you need to pay to have it done?

glasso Registered User

NO free way. cheapest is 20 dollars through fastgsm. pay by paypal or cc.

glasso said:
runs video on sites like rte player, bbc site etc no probs. that's as much as I wanted and it works seamlessly. haven't tried flash games.

I haven't found anything it can't do yet. Its 1 Ghz so its pretty snappy.

Is the GPS quick enough on it, I'm wondering it paying for a bit of data to use Google maps. I'm used to Nokia where you had OVI maps locally, no need for a data connection.

glasso Registered User

BostonB said:
I haven't found anything it can't do yet. Its 1 Ghz so its pretty snappy.

Is the GPS quick enough on it, I'm wondering it paying for a bit of data to use Google maps. I'm used to Nokia where you had OVI maps locally, no need for a data connection.

haven't used that on it as my mum has the phone but android google maps in general is pretty good but you do need data as you said. no free offline maps on android.

polaris68 Registered User

glasso said:
haven't used that on it as my mum has the phone but android google maps in general is pretty good but you do need data as you said. no free offline maps on android.

You can pre-download google maps and use them offline.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!