rovert Banned

http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/knuckle.html

Just a heads up as it will probably be apart of the national conversation tomorrow, Joe but not only that it is a really interesting, acclaimed documentary:

1 person has thanked this post

Watched it on youtube during the week.. Have a lot of respect for James Quinn McDonagh, but not a lot for the rabble that follow him nor for the other families.. Well worth watching, but NOT for the faint hearted..

rovert Banned

JonathanAnon said:
Watched it on youtube during the week.. Have a lot of respect for James Quinn McDonagh, but not a lot for the rabble that follow him nor for the other families.. Well worth watching, but NOT for the faint hearted..

James definitely stands out but as much common sense he has he still gets pulled back into fighting. The usual crowd will say that it perpetuates stereotypes and such like but it isn't extremely sensationalistic - the travellers wont allow that and it was over many years. It wasn't a slap dash prejudged effort the guy just filmed naturalistically over many years.

SooooBored Registered User

Defo worth a watch. I watched this online a few months ago, cant wait to see it again 2nite but in better quality. As said above, it was shot over 12 years and not some sh1t tv3 youtube production. No doubt it will be in the paper with the usual negative press calling them savages but lets just watch it for what it is..... real life.

Dohnny Jepp Registered User

JonathanAnon said:
Have a lot of respect for James Quinn McDonagh

You wouldn't if you knew why he was shot

2 people have thanked this post
baldbear Registered User

One of the guys brothers is a murder!Jaysus no wonder they hate each other

Caraville Registered User

Jesus Christ. This is hard to watch.

3 people have thanked this post

Real life fighting :-(

steelcityblues Registered User

Stupid decision by RTE to broadcast this - it only will make them feel more proud of themselves, now that it its being covered by a mainstream source.

7 people have thanked this post
baldbear Registered User

Travellers should not be allowed the internet with all these brow beating videos.....

Caraville Registered User

And how in the name of God do they have twenty grand to pay someone for a fight? I dunno I teach traveller girls and I try to be sympathetic to their situation and respect their culture but looking at this makes me question how the hell is that a healthy upbringing for a child. The girls I teach have terrible attendance, are practically illiterate and will have left school by 16 and married by 18. They will never have control over their own lives and their own bodies. Their hygiene is really poor and even though the other students are actually lovely to them, they are still very much on the periphery. Although, maybe they want it that way. Still, it's all well and good to accept different cultures- it's quite another thing to accept living like animals.

4 people have thanked this post
Atlantic Dawn Registered User

Outside of the fight scenes it's gas, like a spoof documentary, I'm in tears hear laughing at the pethriddle.

Your man james joyce doesn't look much.

baldbear Registered User

Dipping your hand in petrol for 20 mins a day. Good jesus his son is fighting in the olympics. Definatly a gold!!!

Viral Vector Registered User

It's like a spin-off of the Hardy Bucks!

Silly decision by RTE to have it on now!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!