Les56 Registered User

Oops, sorry Won't happen again.

JonasADF Registered User

what I like about netflix is the low price, for 7.50 a month it's the first time it's almost been easier to go legit when watching flicks online... I would probably pay that, so I think finally they are copping on

previous user Registered User

What the hell happened, am I the only one or has the anime selection been reduced to about 6 films lately, Why don't they have a large selection?

Sesshoumaru Registered User

My eldest daughter has really gotten into anime. Up until now she has loved watching shows like Ranma and Inu Yasha. Since we signed up for Netflix we've watched Gurren Lagan together and since a few nights ago we started watching Robotech. Robotech looks quite old, but I'm glad I didn't miss it, up to episode 10 and its great! I think I spotted it in the childrens section, not the anime section?

megaten Registered User

Sesshoumaru said:
My eldest daughter has really gotten into anime. Up until now she has loved watching shows like Ranma and Inu Yasha. Since we signed up for Netflix we've watched Gurren Lagan together and since a few nights ago we started watching Robotech. Robotech looks quite old, but I'm glad I didn't miss it, up to episode 10 and its great! I think I spotted it in the childrens section, not the anime section?

It's probably there because it's an old syndicated show made by cutting up three different shows. It's still meant to be good in it's own right.

Sesshoumaru Registered User

megaten said:
It's probably there because it's an old syndicated show made by cutting up three different shows. It's still meant to be good in it's own right.

I'm enjoying it so far. I love the voice overs telling us about how the characters feel etc Gives it a real retro feel

Ejoyed watching heroic age on Netflix, only 26 episodes though ,shame.

Sephiroth_dude One Winged Angel

previous user said:
Ejoyed watching heroic age on Netflix, only 26 episodes though ,shame.

I'm gonna check that out after I finish with orphen

JonasADF Registered User

ah, I'd say if there were more episodes of heroic age made it'd get crap

Gunmonkey Registered User

Just looked around on Netflix and spotted Gunslinger Girl and Baccano! on there. My friend likes GG so gonna watch it and anyone who hasn't seen Baccano! needs to re-evaluate their life.

Sephiroth_dude One Winged Angel

Gunmonkey said:
who hasn't seen Baccano! needs to re-evaluate their life.

Truly a masterpiece and a very violent one at that :-P

JonasADF said:
ah, I'd say if there were more episodes of heroic age made it'd get crap

I guess so, still I was curious to see
Spoiler (Show)

Numina Registered User

Sephiroth_dude said:
Truly a masterpiece and a very violent one at that :-P

I sadly never gave Baccano a proper shot, I would watch an episode in bed, sometimes falling asleep before it was over and by the end I had no idea what was going on and I just moved on to whatever the next show that I was going to watch was. I've always been meaning to give it the go it deserved.

megaten Registered User

Seems to be a few new titles up. Sound of the sky (Sora no Woto), Redline, 5 cm per second and a few others I don't recognise.

Gunmonkey Registered User

Oh nice, been meaning to get 5cm/s. Also heard Redline is insanely gorgeous looking.

:EDIT: Just had a gander at the new releases, has the 3 megaten mentioned, a film called Emma (looks loosely based on the book) and a series called Rental Magicka (). Also Sound of the Sky is subbed, so possibility of seeing more animes that might not have got a dub in the future (thought Netflix would only put up dubs, but oh well).

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!