previous user Registered User

Hey everyone, first time posting here,

Anyone else signed up to Netflix yet, I signed up to the 1 month trial and was
delighted to see an Anime film selection, but it just happend to be about 20 films,
Just wondering if anyone else has signed up to Netflix, whats your opinion on their Anime selection. Theres a way to switch to the American version of Netflix, any one else done this yet? Is there a bigger selection of Anime?

johnny_ultimate Production Model EVA-02

The US version has a better selection, and also a handful of subtitled shows as well as dubs (like Death Note). Also seems to have more Ghibli titles.

Some good stuff on the Irish one too - Summer Wars, Melancholy of Haruhi etc... - but I just cannot watch dubs

5 people have thanked this post

Hopefully as the months go on Netflix will add to their Anime library, I'm gonna watch a fair bit of anime today anway, great quality and instant streaming. it's great

Lawliet Moderator

johnny_ultimate said:
Some good stuff on the Irish one too - Summer Wars, Melancholy of Haruhi etc... - but I just cannot watch dubs

Summer Wars isn't on the Irish Netflix?

johnny_ultimate Production Model EVA-02

Lawliet said:
Summer Wars isn't on the Irish Netflix?

It was anyway! I watched a few minutes of it to check out what language it was in. I was disappoint

Art_Wolf Moderator

Aye the American version has a big selection of anime - thought I read somewhere that it was part of their strategy to bulk up their content and it appears anime is pretty cheap when compared to other shows

1 person has thanked this post
Funky Registered User

Are the Rebuilds of Eva on the Irish netflix?

Not on the Irish Netflix I don't think.

1 person has thanked this post
Andy!! Banned

How do you switch it to use the american library? Is that free month offer still going?

Art_Wolf Moderator

Afraid you cant switch between versions short of going to the US

<snip>

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Claymore on Netflix. It's dubbed but still awesome.

Birthdaycake Registered User

i saw a few anime movies on netflix

Numina Registered User

Birthdaycake said:
i saw a few anime movies on netflix

Truly fascinating.

Les56 Registered User

I watched loads of Anime on Netflix, watched a lot of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and it was deadly! Just finished the Gurran Laggan and twas really cool!
So is it the IP of my pc i need to change?

Art_Wolf Moderator

Les56 said:
So is it the IP of my pc i need to change?

We can not discuss ways to circumvent Netflix's copyright

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!