RayCon Registered User

Nea said:

Hopefully DME will get Ghost over here around that time.

This X 1000000000000000 ... it needs to happen.

jenizzle Hosted Moderator

So, did any of you get a weekend ticket then?

Mushy said:

AWK is playing the Academy in April, playing I Get Wet in full.

Oh goooood.. a night of air punching and wedgies

Nea Registered User

No Ghost or Soundgarden coming here so flights are booked for Spain. Waa Hoo

Again if anyone availed of the free tickets for Espana and are not going and want a few pound for them, gimme a shout........thats if anyone bought a ticket for the UK

jenizzle Hosted Moderator

Nea said:
No Ghost or Soundgarden coming here so flights are booked for Spain. Waa Hoo

Excellent choice You can get free tickets to Sonisphere UK now if you buy the tickets for Madrid. Works out well if you can make it to both, €90 for UK and Madrid!

Motley Crue Registered User

I should be at this for the entire weekend, I'll make sure not to work so much this year....if I have a choice!

scudzilla Registered User

Heard from a good source that Soni UK has been cancelled, will be officially announced 2moz, also the date has been taken off Queens site.

honru Moderator

scudzilla said:
Heard from a good source that Soni UK has been cancelled, will be officially announced 2moz, also the date has been taken off Queens site.

Ouch.

lord lucan Registered User

Being reported here too:http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/171618/9

Wouldn't surprise me if it was poor ticket sales tbh. They were very late in announcing their headliners allowing Download to steal a march on them.

The lack of any denial by the promotors speaks volumes.

Mushy Registered User

Funnily enough was thinking of going for a day (Sunday), but Mastodon now playing the Academy went wasn't as pushed. Same as Andrew WK. Seeing Cypress Hill in Germany, so just leaves FNM....maybe if play their own show.

EDIT: On Queens website, a search of 'Sonisphere' gives the news, but main page isn't updated yet.

Fi H Registered User

Yup cancelled, official announcement tomorrow morning about ticket refunds
very sad about this!

D.Q Registered User

Toss up for me between DL and Soni this year, DL got the vote. Now if Andy Copping could just book a few of the stragglers... have ourselves a DL thursday.

Wrongway1985 Registered User

D.Q said:
Toss up for me between DL and Soni this year, DL got the vote. Now if Andy Copping could just book a few of the stragglers... have ourselves a DL thursday.

I think what puts a lot of people off is the fact that bands playing at the other european Sonis can be snatched by download when it comes to the UK this shouldn't happen (eg. Metallica, Machine Head,Soundgarden) if bands are part of that entity they should remain, It was rumoured not to be happening before the line up was announced and when it was apart from Kiss and a strong Sundays day out I personally wasnt convinced I ended up getting a ticket to download so on the off chance of a thursday bein added I say bring it on.

Fcuk 'em, if the Brits don't want them I'm sure MCD could arrange a Kiss/FNM Phoenix Park gig.

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!