GLaDOS Testing

TeddyTedson said:
I don't know why I post these things when 5 mins later I start to disagree with myself

The wonderful thing about science is, it corrects itself when new evidence is thrown into light

2 people have thanked this post
Galvasean Registered User

The Sky said:
ya i would agree atheists i know dont look into god are just like to disrespect religion as that is what there friends do.

That is a fantastic attempt at a sentence.

37 people have thanked this post
GLaDOS Testing

The Sky said:
ya i would agree atheists i know dont look into god are just like to disrespect religion as that is what there friends do.

Galvasean said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

20 people have thanked this post

The Sky said:

Better than the sentence of living a life where you think your so perfect that you have to correct people on internet forums.

It looks like someone has control issues

1 person has thanked this post
bluewolf being awesome

yes, coming onto an atheist board to imply atheists just want to be cool and correct them is much better

2 people have thanked this post
robindch Moderator

Northclare said:
Better than the sentence of living a life where you think your so perfect that you have to correct people on internet forums
"Your" should be "you're".

24 people have thanked this post
Thomas Eshuis Registered User

TeddyTedson said:
What pisses me off about some Atheists is that they seem to come to the conclusion of there being no god or super natural due to the fact that horrible things are allowed to happen in the world without any divine intervention.

What pisses me off about theists is that they fail to understand what atheism is.

TeddyTedson said:
To me it seems like a rebellion towards organised religion more than an individuals conclusion. Anyone else agree?

That's what's called a persecution complex and since you posted this on an atheism/agnosticism forum you're not likely to get many people agreeing with you.

Have a nice day

MagicMarker Banned

Northclare said:
Have a nice day

You forgot the full stop.

3 people have thanked this post

Northclare said:
Have a nice day
I put the full stop in with a magicmarker

POST EDITED BY MODERATOR TO CORRECT BROKEN QUOTATION FOR THE FINAL TIME

It's always handy having a magic marker and free Editor's

1 person has thanked this post

Now you've just hammed up the quotes...give up while you're behind would be my advice.

As to the original question - if people can decide based on nothing more than a warm fuzzy feeling that there "just is" a god - I'm not sure how questioning why an omnipotent being who apparently exists out-with the laws of physics that govern our universe is happy to sit back and watch millions of innocents die could possibly be viewed as unreasonable?

MagicMarker Banned

Northclare said:

You forgot the space after the full stop.

dahamsta Banned

TeddyTedson said:
But some people say the likes of the USA (stay with me on this, I'm not trying to say the USA is a God) should not interfere in a country like Libya and let the civilization there overcome the regime.
If there is a super natural perhaps it's similar thinking.

It's also the same on the nature channels where humans try not to interfere with wildlife as it could upset the habitat.

That's an interesting way to look at it, although the obvious counter argument is sometimes humans do interfere with wildlife with positive results (wildlife reserves and the like).

Unfortunately, our attempts to "save" nature invariably result from previous interferences, both destructive and benevolent.

3 people have thanked this post
Galvasean Registered User

MagicMarker said:

I sometimes like to use a smiley as a full stop

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!