JP Liz V1 Registered User
#2



Do BBC America not show the UK Sherlock show?

I loved Johnny Lee Miller in Eli Stone but Sherlock Holmes not based in UK how will that work

Kiwi_knock Registered User
#3

The role of Watson has been cast.

The name is Watson, Joan Watson. Lucy Liu is set to play Sherlock Holmes’ sidekick in CBS’ drama pilot Elementary, whose tweaks to Arthur Connan Doyle’s classic include switching Watson’s gender to female. The project, written by Robert Doherty, is set in present day and stars Jonny Lee Miller as eccentric Brit Sherlock Holmes, a former consultant to Scotland Yard whose addiction problems led him to a rehab center in New York City. Just out of rehab, Holmes now lives in Brooklyn with “sober companion” Joan Watson (Liu), a former surgeon who lost her license after a patient died, while consulting for the NYPD.


http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/lucy-liu-to-play-watson-in-cbs-modern-sherlock-holmes-pilot-elementary/

This sounds like it will be woeful. Probably will be reduced to a procedural type show, should not be associated with Sherlock Holmes.

1 person has thanked this post
#4

Kiwi_knock said:
The role of Watson has been cast.


http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/lucy-liu-to-play-watson-in-cbs-modern-sherlock-holmes-pilot-elementary/

This sounds like it will be woeful. Probably will be reduced to a procedural type show, should not be associated with Sherlock Holmes.


The descpription sounds brutal....Wonder Woman brutal!

http://www.tvline.com/2012/02/lucy-liu-sherlock-holmes-elementary/

JP Liz V1 Registered User
#5

Richard Dower said:
The descpription sounds brutal....Wonder Woman brutal!

http://www.tvline.com/2012/02/lucy-liu-sherlock-holmes-elementary/


Terrible casting

TheIrishGrover Registered User
#6

Was just going to post this. To be honest though, it was exactly what I expected. Maybe not Lucy Liu herself (Who I can't stand) but it was ALWAYS going to be a woman. I mean, if it wasn't then how could they fit in season after season of "will-they-or-won't-they" plotlines? I suppose the only way it could be worse is if it was on that Warner Bros teen station (Can't remember the name at the mo). It'd have Tom Welling at Sherlock and someone from One Tree Hill as Joanie W. complete with teen angsty soundtrack. Oh Sickboy sickboy sickboy. You need to go back onto the skag

*edit*: The CW. Remembered it. Phew

Mr E Administrator
#7

This is sounding worse and worse with every news bite ..... Next it will be the Hound of Brooklyn and Niagarabach Falls.

1 person has thanked this post
#8

TheIrishGrover said:
Was just going to post this. To be honest though, it was exactly what I expected. Maybe not Lucy Liu herself (Who I can't stand) but it was ALWAYS going to be a woman. I mean, if it wasn't then how could they fit in season after season of "will-they-or-won't-they" plotlines? I suppose the only way it could be worse is if it was on that Warner Bros teen station (Can't remember the name at the mo). It'd have Tom Welling at Sherlock and someone from One Tree Hill as Joanie W. complete with teen angsty soundtrack. Oh Sickboy sickboy sickboy. You need to go back onto the skag

*edit*: The CW. Remembered it. Phew


So...it's basically Castle?

#9

Mr E said:
This is sounding worse and worse with every news bite ..... Next it will be the Hound of Brooklyn and Niagarabach Falls.


Can't wait to see who they cast as Moriarity....maybe a super gay Irish guy?

Mr E Administrator
#10

Probably Tricia Helfer or someone like that. Wouldn't surprise me with the direction they're taking.

1 person has thanked this post
#11

Casting news: http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a370047/elementary-cbs-pilot-adds-prime-suspect-star-aidan-quinn.html


Quinn will play Captain Gregson, a New York cop who worked with Sherlock at Scotland Yard following the 9/11 attacks,

^ - -

expectationlost Registered User
#12

aidan quinn, always stretches himself in his parts

1 person has thanked this post
JP Liz V1 Registered User
#13

Quinn as Watson would have been better imo

#14

This pilot based on buzz seems a lock for a series pickup, expect Castle 2.0:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-05-09/jonny-lee-miller-defends-us-sherlock-holmes-update-elementary

JP Liz V1 Registered User
#15

Series picked up by CBS

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!