dryndantheman Registered User
#16

THE MINDER said:
Google who?-300ft on 1 joule?-that would be something! As a matter of interest who did the other 'study'(Illustrations) you refer to? And at what fps/bb weight -I'm only wondering because at no point in the illustrations is the bb trajectory straight(even on exiting the barrell)

It is just making it easier to see that a spherical item going down a barrel will bounce. It obviously isn't that dramatic, it's just for illustration.
The first one was just to show how a ball bearing travels down a barrel.
While the other was showing how it bounces (And how the increments increase).


And search "LRB airsoft barrel"

And I was wrong, you can supposedly get 300ft with a gun shooting 350fps/.2g
However there are some hop-up units you can make that give the 300ft with a fairly straight trajectory.
E.G. the R-hop or the G-hop. In the summer, I'll be making a G-hop or two and might have a go with an R-hop in another gun (Maybe my sniper rifle)

Here is a G-hop - around 280ft shots on .79 of a joule (Makes the hassle of an LRB pointless and this is more accurate)


Or you can a buy ready-made R-hops online, they won't be as good as the G-hops you can make (My opinion).
https://sites.google.com/site/hsarmory/


Or for G36's (Won't work for any of my other guns for some reason) you can simply shave off the nub on conventional rubbers. and it'll add a little more range due to more uniform spread, flat hops are best though.

I am amazed at how un-informed we are in comparison to our American counter-parts. I wish we had easier access to compressed air up here, then I'd make a 50rps Polarstar engine powered BB gun which can be bumped to 500 fps when playing in England.


The only problem with all of this is that the shots will land like a butterfly, you most definitely won't feel them.


To OP, I would recommend Ultimate barrels but I wouldn't Guarder

1 person has thanked this post
THE MINDER Registered User
#17

Heads up on your research-I dont know why the link is in chinese as HS ARMOURY is as you say US based. Even hunter seeker will agree that all his R hops and the like are still in test phase and need to be matched properly to each AEG(He would also agree with the 450mm barrell idea) -I'm a'm aware of all that stuff-(like you refered to shaving the nub of a guarder(EITHER WHICH WAY YOU WILL NEED A fLATTER NUB CUSHION)-not sure hunter seeker would'nt recommend a different bucking for that process!)No intention to disagree with your opinions but for the original OP question there is no point in going there Let me know how you get on with your R Hops BTW.

dryndantheman Registered User
#18

THE MINDER said:
Heads up on your research-I dont know why the link is in chinese as HS ARMOURY is as you say US based. Even hunter seeker will agree that all his R hops and the like are still in test phase and need to be matched properly to each AEG(He would also agree with the 450mm barrell idea) -I'm a'm aware of all that stuff-(like you refered to shaving the nub of a guarder(EITHER WHICH WAY YOU WILL NEED A fLATTER NUB CUSHION)-not sure hunter seeker would'nt recommend a different bucking for that process!)No intention to disagree with your opinions but for the original OP question there is no point in going there Let me know how you get on with your R Hops BTW.


I never said a 450mm barrel was a bad thing, I said a very long barrel is a bad thing however IMO you don't need near 450mm to 'stabilize' a bb.

Also for the shaving part, I mean to file or shave off the little bump on the bucking, not the nub, my bad.

And when I said ill informed it wasn't pointed to yourself, I just meant in general.

dryndantheman Registered User
#19

THE MINDER said:
Heads up on your research-I dont know why the link is in chinese as HS ARMOURY is as you say US based. Even hunter seeker will agree that all his R hops and the like are still in test phase and need to be matched properly to each AEG(He would also agree with the 450mm barrell idea) -I'm a'm aware of all that stuff-(like you refered to shaving the nub of a guarder(EITHER WHICH WAY YOU WILL NEED A fLATTER NUB CUSHION)-not sure hunter seeker would'nt recommend a different bucking for that process!)No intention to disagree with your opinions but for the original OP question there is no point in going there Let me know how you get on with your R Hops BTW.


Have you seen the r-hops with the extended windows? They look like they'd be quite cool.

Jimmy bo 186 Registered User
#20

dryndantheman said:
Have you seen the r-hops with the extended windows? They look like they'd be quite cool.


so, would i be right in saying that the guarder barrel and rubber will not work properly in a standard 2 piece hop up unit?

THE MINDER Registered User
#21

dryndantheman said:
Have you seen the r-hops with the extended windows? They look like they'd be quite cool.


Yes all very innovative indeed

1 person has thanked this post
dryndantheman Registered User
#22

THE MINDER said:
Yes all very innovative indeed

I'd try it but
a) I have a crappy dremmel
b) I am crap at using dremmels anyway

hehe.

1 person has thanked this post
Mr X15 Registered User
#23

Seen this a while ago on another thread or forum maybe cant remember, but was thinking of doing something similar but instead of fitting a piece of rubber was thinking of filling the barrel with some aluminium rod or something(close as possibly to internal Diameter of barrel) and then filling the extended hop up cut out with silica gel or something like so I end up with a perfectly formed and fitted hop up bucking

dryndantheman Registered User
#24

Mr X15 said:
Seen this a while ago on another thread or forum maybe cant remember, but was thinking of doing something similar but instead of fitting a piece of rubber was thinking of filling the barrel with some aluminium rod or something(close as possibly to internal Diameter of barrel) and then filling the extended hop up cut out with silica gel or something like so I end up with a perfectly formed and fitted hop up bucking

Don't be afraid to try it, see how it turns out.

dryndantheman Registered User
#25

Mr X15 said:
Seen this a while ago on another thread or forum maybe cant remember, but was thinking of doing something similar but instead of fitting a piece of rubber was thinking of filling the barrel with some aluminium rod or something(close as possibly to internal Diameter of barrel) and then filling the extended hop up cut out with silica gel or something like so I end up with a perfectly formed and fitted hop up bucking

Don't be afraid to try it, see how it turns out.

#26

Mr X15 said:
Seen this a while ago on another thread or forum maybe cant remember, but was thinking of doing something similar but instead of fitting a piece of rubber was thinking of filling the barrel with some aluminium rod or something(close as possibly to internal Diameter of barrel) and then filling the extended hop up cut out with silica gel or something like so I end up with a perfectly formed and fitted hop up bucking


Someone already tried something similar. All credit goes to SOCOM, I believe that's his name here on boards. If I'm wrong, sorry.

2 people have thanked this post
Inari Registered User
#27

In my experience I have found that each gun likes its own combination. My JG M4 loved Guarder Clears, and Madbull Black Pythons...but my CYMA M4 just didn't get on with them - performance was good, but not as good as with the G&G Green Hop up and JBU Barrel.

My P90 gets on beautifully with a Deepfire tightbore that was a reject from my girlfriend's DBoys CQB.

My G&G LR300 loves Madbull Black Pythons, but not Vanaras - yet Vanaras works beautifully in the DBoys M4.

Best thing is to try out different combinations - keep the hop up rubbers soft, and buckings hard. You want a nicely finished barrel - if under 450mm I recommend going tighter (up to 6.01mm), if going longer I'd recommend 6.03/4mm.

I haven't tried any R or G hop mods...just seems like more effort than worth in my opinion

2 people have thanked this post
Jimmy bo 186 Registered User
#28

Inari said:
In my experience I have found that each gun likes its own combination. My JG M4 loved Guarder Clears, and Madbull Black Pythons...but my CYMA M4 just didn't get on with them - performance was good, but not as good as with the G&G Green Hop up and JBU Barrel.

My P90 gets on beautifully with a Deepfire tightbore that was a reject from my girlfriend's DBoys CQB.

My G&G LR300 loves Madbull Black Pythons, but not Vanaras - yet Vanaras works beautifully in the DBoys M4.

Best thing is to try out different combinations - keep the hop up rubbers soft, and buckings hard. You want a nicely finished barrel - if under 450mm I recommend going tighter (up to 6.01mm), if going longer I'd recommend 6.03/4mm.

I haven't tried any R or G hop mods...just seems like more effort than worth in my opinion


I see, thanks for that.

dryndantheman Registered User
#29

Inari said:
In my experience I have found that each gun likes its own combination. My JG M4 loved Guarder Clears, and Madbull Black Pythons...but my CYMA M4 just didn't get on with them - performance was good, but not as good as with the G&G Green Hop up and JBU Barrel.

My P90 gets on beautifully with a Deepfire tightbore that was a reject from my girlfriend's DBoys CQB.

My G&G LR300 loves Madbull Black Pythons, but not Vanaras - yet Vanaras works beautifully in the DBoys M4.

Best thing is to try out different combinations - keep the hop up rubbers soft, and buckings hard. You want a nicely finished barrel - if under 450mm I recommend going tighter (up to 6.01mm), if going longer I'd recommend 6.03/4mm.

I haven't tried any R or G hop mods...just seems like more effort than worth in my opinion

With an r-hop you can get up to 50% extra range.

Also you are right on different things. My G36c loves a madbull blue with a filed nub.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!