colm_mcm Registered User

discovered on my mothers old 323 that if you pull the drivers door handle when the door is locked, the keyhole illuminates. Her newer one doesn't have this feature cos it has remote locks.

Vertakill Registered User

OSI said:
Tis a Golf GTI with the DSG box. Seems a lot of the DSG equipped VAG cars have it.

Just be careful how often you use it as each time is logged by the car and VW will know if you've been taking the mickey if you're going in for any warranty work!

OSI Moderator

Vertakill said:
Just be careful how often you use it as each time is logged by the car and VW will know if you've been taking the mickey if you're going in for any warranty work!

Seriously? That kinda sucks. But tbh I would be surprised if it gets used more than once a year when I remember it's there and decide to test it out.

Gary ITR Registered User

OSI said:
Seriously? That kinda sucks. But tbh I would be surprised if it gets used more than once a year when I remember it's there and decide to test it out.

I've had it on my last 2 cars and never used it. Our race driver asked us to knock it off in the ECU because he starts without it, it's only a gimmick

Vertakill said:

Mainly because launching is very hard on the box.

Big Nasty Registered User

Confab said:
Mainly because launching is very hard on the box.

Just like rooting!

1 person has thanked this post
dcr22B Registered User

Didn't realise I had fold in door mirrors on my Mondeo until I was adjusting the mirrors while driving one day and instead of moving the glass, they bloody closed on me!

Vertakill Registered User

OSI said:

Yeah an awful lot of fairly new cars with launch control are logging this so that you don't come into them looking for warranty work on your gearbox a week after driving it off the forecourts ..

Hootanany Registered User

Where do I find this switch.

OSI Moderator

Hootanany said:

Which?

OSI Moderator

Vertakill said:
Yeah an awful lot of fairly new cars with launch control are logging this so that you don't come into them looking for warranty work on your gearbox a week after driving it off the forecourts ..

Do they log how many times you open and close the windows to in case I have the audacity to make use of that feature and it happens to break?

LIGHTNING Moderator

Hootanany said:

Its a process not a switch, do a google search on launch control in VW`s.

PaulKK Registered User

OSI said:
Do they log how many times you open and close the windows to in case I have the audacity to make use of that feature and it happens to break?

In fairness, the windows are ment to be opened and closed by nature.

The gearbox is not ment to take a full power launch every time though.

Tea 1000 Registered User

Gary ITR said:
I've had it on my last 2 cars and never used it. Our race driver asked us to knock it off in the ECU because he starts without it, it's only a gimmick

It's a gimmick to a point, but it's not possible to match the claimed 0-60 time without it in many cars, no matter who the driver is!

slave1 Registered User

Can't remember whether it's a C-Max we used to own or my current Avensis but it's fitted with a light where your feet rest (foot well?) however the car does not ship with a bulb fitted so it's up to you whether you want to pop one in or not, no mention in the manual either.
C-Max, pull the driving light dial out and you get fog lights, discovered by accident 6 months after owning the car (in fairness the wife's car so I didn't drive that often and rarely need fogs on).

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!