Hobo65 Registered User
Hi , Looking for some help with how to calculate tax & dutys payable on shares sold this week & when / How to pay.
- Shares purchased through company sharesave scheme
- held for required period of 3 years so free of income tax (I think )
- 1000 shares purchased
- purchased for €10 a share sold for € 15 per share
- shares transfered to joint names with my wife before sale
- comission etc paid on sale of €250
I think capital gains @30 % due on gain = € 5000 - joint allowance € 2540 = 30% of 2460 due before 30th Sept this year
USC & PRSI ?? thinking 11% in total of gain ?? not sure when due ??
Would appreciate any help.
Mr. Incognito Registered User
Read the charter.