brianregan09 Registered User

Hello just wondering does anbody know are these still around ?? Been looking in every shop i've been in around Limerick and can't get them ??, Does anybody remember who makes them even as i work in a shop and could ask the right rep about them I'd buy a box or three if i could get them somewhere

If they are called French Fries Taytos why not email Tayto and ask whether or not they are still in production?

No there definitly not made by Tayto they were like a cheap packet of taytos the same go as banshee bones and them

emeraldstar Registered User

brianregan09 said:
No there definitly not made by Tayto

So why do you call them French Fries Taytos?

Okay French Fries Crips then lol do either of you know the ones I'm talking about ? The little blue bag with the guy and the girl on the front and there shaped the same as chipsticks

I know the ones you're talking about, but I could never recall who made them.
I've not seen them in a few years to be honest, I loved them.

They were as you say, chipstick shaped, bacon type taste, blue packet with a bit of see-thru at the front, with a guy & girl and it used to say 'ooh la la' on it.

I miss them.

Fart Registered User

Similar to the French Fries by Walkers?

Fart said:
Similar to the French Fries by Walkers?

nope, they're a much harder crisp & different texture, I'd think them quite different myself

Eviledna Registered User

Mini Chips by KP.

Calling all crisps Taytos is wrong.

1 person has thanked this post

Eviledna said:
Mini Chips by KP.

They're another completely different crisp, thin hard sticks, S&V flavour, quite nice though.

The French Fries the OP is on about I think have long been out of production, they were similar in texture to chipsticks, thicker like them, but a bacon type flavour.

meoklmrk91 Registered User

brianregan09 said:
No there definitly not made by Tayto they were like a cheap packet of taytos the same go as banshee bones and them

I think I have a vague recollection, we're they not made by perri?

Yeah there definitly not making them anymore as far as i know i've exhausted all avenues at this stage

be wide of me Registered User

Saw these in Lidl in Cork yesterday 12 pack for €1.99, the blue bags. More than positive it's the one's you're talking about!

be wide of me said:
Saw these in Lidl in Cork yesterday 12 pack for €1.99, the blue bags. More than positive it's the one's you're talking about!

Do you mean these by any chance?

I emailed Tayto like a week or so ago, still no word back. (Asking if they did produce them once upon a time).

Upon reflection, maybe King made these... I've mailed them now too.

Mellor Registered User

star-pants said:
Do you mean these by any chance?

I emailed Tayto like a week or so ago, still no word back. (Asking if they did produce them once upon a time).

Upon reflection, maybe King made these... I've mailed them now too.

Tayto didn't make them.
The OP was doing that bizarre thing where peopel call all crisps "Taytos"

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!