Hey there,

One of the biggest complaints about going through a separation or divorce is lack of information on what to do and who can help, so we are compiling a list of useful contacts to sticky at the top of the forum.

If there is an organisation or office specific to separation and divorce you think should be included then please post name, contact details and function of contact here or PM myself or Taltos in confidence.

Thanks for your help

Ickle

2 people have thanked this post

I'll send you on a couple of links I have found useful Ickle.

As you said, a lot of people don't know where to go or what to do when a separation is on the cards, and I include myself in that. I'll also send you on some some links for supports for separating couples with children, as they often dont get the help they need.

Delighted to see this forum up and running, though sorry for the extra responsibility though Ickle and Taltos

5 people have thanked this post

Legal Aid Information Leaflets - for info on some of the legal ramifications

Rainbows Programmes - provides support for children and young people experiencing a significant loss through death, separation, divorce or other life-altering change.

Orion My karma just ran over your dogma
5 people have thanked this post
Conspectus Moderator

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/
Citizens information links on page to various help and legal stuff.

4 people have thanked this post

Unmarried and Separated Parents of Ireland - "The Un-married and Separated Parents of Ireland is a voluntary organisation, which was created to assist un-married and separated parents through their separation and help them gain a knowledge of their rights."

Taltos Registered User

I have split these out into a dedicated thread - just to make it easier for folk to find the links.
As well as the links above I had added in some from other forums.

Thanks everyone for your help so far.

T

Divorce Ireland - a free guide to divorce in Ireland

1 person has thanked this post

FLAC divorce publication - FLAC is an independent human rights organisation dedicated to the realisation of equal access to justice for all. To this end it campaigns on a range of legal issues but also offers some basic, free legal services to the public.

Taltos Registered User

Just a placeholder - last two links now added. Thanks everyone for continuing to update this thread with this information.

Taltos Registered User

Some more links added via PM. Amen suggested so we also added in some more as well.

Thanks poster - appreciate the suggestion.

Taltos Registered User

Adding those in now - thanks

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!