Oh I see what you mean. Is this why PC games are hard to pirate?

well it's why starcraft 2 is hard to pirate, you need an internet connection to even sign into your account and play the campaign.
it's something starcraft 2 players are pretty annoyed about as blizzard refuse to release any kind of lan mode, all games have to be played over an internet connection and in the last 2 years there hasn't been any tournament.. from the 100 dollar to 100 thousand dollar ones that hasn't been plagued by lag issues or connection issues.

Canis Lupus Registered User

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar said:
well it's why starcraft 2 is hard to pirate, you need an internet connection to even sign into your account and play the campaign.
it's something starcraft 2 players are pretty annoyed about as blizzard refuse to release any kind of lan mode, all games have to be played over an internet connection and in the last 2 years there hasn't been any tournament.. from the 100 dollar to 100 thousand dollar ones that hasn't been plagued by lag issues or connection issues.

My... ahem... 'copy' of SC2 was as straightforward to install as any other game although I only played it for about 30 mins and went back to WoW.

Zillah Registered User

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar said:
it's something starcraft 2 players are pretty annoyed about as blizzard refuse to release any kind of lan mode

This is the horrible irony about protection on games. You force the paying gamers to jump through hoops, but the pirates get a superior product that has been stripped of the annoying crap.

gizmo Registered User

Zillah said:
This is the horrible irony about protection on games. You force the paying gamers to jump through hoops, but the pirates get a superior product that has been stripped of the annoying crap.

Yet if it wasn't for people playing their "copies" of games, there'd be no need for it in the first place.

gizmo said:
Yet if it wasn't for people playing their "copies" of games, there'd be no need for it in the first place.

Shouldn't be there in the first place, games get pirated, no matter what the devs do to stop it pirates find a way around it, the only game that comes to mind that pirates didn't crack is hawx 2 and that is because they didn't want to pirate such a terrible game.

Completionist Registered User

Limericks said:
Shouldn't be there in the first place, games get pirated, no matter what the devs do to stop it pirates find a way around it, the only game that comes to mind that pirates didn't crack is hawx 2 and that is because they didn't want to pirate such a terrible game.

So the only way to stop piracy is to make terrible games!

1 person has thanked this post

easy way to test that, how many times was duke nukem forever pirated

Fluffy88 Registered User

This is how all piracy should be stopped!

Magill Registered User

Fluffy88 said:
This is how all piracy should be stopped!

haha, class... reminds me of what they did with darksouls and anyone who started playing early !

ShadowHearth Registered User

Magill said:
haha, class... reminds me of what they did with darksouls and anyone who started playing early !

what did they do with darksouls?

Magill Registered User

ShadowHearth said:

People that started playing early were invaded by max level characters and raped....

gizmo Registered User

ShadowHearth said:

If you played the game early online you were invaded by Black Phantoms at level 145.

ShadowHearth Registered User

gizmo said:
If you played the game early online you were invaded by Black Phantoms at level 145.

ouch!

sarumite Registered User

Magill said:

I remeber reading about the Micheal Jackson rythm game on the DS where if you pirated it all the songs were overlayed with the Vuvuzela.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!