Coillte_Bhoy Registered User
#961

Jelle1880 said:

blahfckingblah: The Celtic - Dunfermline game.
Attendance: 45.000

(


How is that 15,000 less than than the usual attendace?? I didnt realise our average home attendance was 60,000

bobbysands81 Registered User
#962

TheBuilder said:
Or maybe people just couldn't afford a ticket or travel?

Lets be honest, if there's one thing Celtic fans can't slag off Rangers fans for its attendances.


Why?

I'd imagine we've had higher average attendances than you guys over the last three years... and you guys won the title each of those three years.

Just checked the stats, we've a higher average attendance in 11 of the last 12 years.

Jelle1880 Registered User
#963

Coillte_Bhoy said:
How is that 15,000 less than than the usual attendace?? I didnt realise our average home attendance was 60,000


That's not what I said.
I said that's it silly to comment on the Ibrox attendance dropping by a shocking 2.000 when you don't even fill your own ground after pretty much winning the league.

bobmalooka Registered User
#964

Jelle1880 said:
That's not what I said.
I said there's no use commenting on the attendance dropping by a shocking 2.000 when you don't even fill your own ground after pretty much winning the league.


enough show up to keep the bills paid.

1 person has thanked this post
bobbysands81 Registered User
#965

Jelle1880 said:
That's not what I said.
I said that's it silly to comment on the Ibrox attendance dropping by a shocking 2.000 when you don't even fill your own ground after pretty much winning the league.


The biggest call to arms in your history in order to save your club saw three thousand fewer fans than your previous game.

How many times has Ibrox been sold out this season? With a capacity of 10 less than us, and given you guys also struggle to fill your stadium, then you can't really comment on this either.

Jelle1880 Registered User
#966

You're the one who brought up attendances, and then when I reply that you not only struggle to fill your stadium but have 15.000 empty seats, despite going for your first league trophy in 4 years 'I can't really comment' ?

bobbysands81 Registered User
#967

Jelle1880 said:
You're the one who brought up attendances, and then when I reply that you not only struggle to fill your stadium but have 15.000 empty seats, despite going for your first league trophy in 4 years 'I can't really comment' ?


That's all lovely.

Enjoy administration!

Jelle1880 Registered User
#968

Summary of the RSA's meeting with the administrators:

SUMMARY OF A MEETING WITH THE ADMINISTRATORS ON SATURDAY 3 MARCH 2012

1. Details of cuts to meet the £1m shortfall will be announced on Monday - new investors unlikely to want to inherit the current cost base of the Club - hence the need to implement the cuts.
2. Liquidation is "unlikely" but can't be ruled out - a CVA far more preferable to liquidation as that puts at risk future European monies for a number of seasons.
3. Pursuing the whereabouts of funds - focussed on what was promised by Craig Whyte in the Takeover document - "highly unlikely" Craig Whyte would be involved in the Club going forward.
4. The contracts, security, legal charges and financing of the Craig Whyte takeover are all being challenged, however, any security Whyte has or had is not likely to be an impediment to a sale.
5. The £3.6m ring-fenced from Collier Bristow is subject to legal claims from other parties as well as Rangers FC Plc.
6. Good interest in acquiring the Club and criteria will be based on fully financing the acquisition and be able to sustain the business going forward.
7. Key role for the Administrators is to put the business in a good state for acquisition.
8. Big tax case not a key issue in the sense that liability will be part of the creditors share out - far example, if there is a pot of £20m to share out - each party will get a dividend whether the total liability is say £40 million or £100 million.
9. Best way of contributing finance at the moment is through match-day sales - tickets, hospitality, catering, etc.
10. Suspect that the Arsenal shares money is lodged in Pritchard Stockbrokers accounts - assets of that firm are now frozen by the FSA and it will require legal argument to recover.

bobbysands81 Registered User
#969

Jelle1880 said:
Summary of the RSA's meeting with the administrators:


I asked questions previously on this thread but their consistently ignored.

How can you guys save £1m a month? That's £230,000 per week. That's 23 players getting paid £10k per week being let go.

Later today will be very interesting.

bobbysands81 Registered User
#970

Jelle1880 said:
You're the one who brought up attendances, and then when I reply that you not only struggle to fill your stadium but have 15.000 empty seats, despite going for your first league trophy in 4 years 'I can't really comment' ?


Bigger crowds 11 of the last 12 years pal... says it all, you're going into administration, your club is dying, you haven't filled your stadium to capacity once this season yet this is the kind of thing you're arguing about?!

1 person has thanked this post
#971

bobbysands81 said:


Later today will be very interesting.


Jelle1880 Registered User
#972

bobbysands81 said:
Bigger crowds 11 of the last 12 years pal... says it all, you're going into administration, your club is dying, you haven't filled your stadium to capacity once this season yet this is the kind of thing you're arguing about?!


You brought it up though, so don't give me that crap that I'm trying to shift the attention.

You're heading for the title and you can't even remotely fill yours, but I assume there's a reason for that too ?
What is it this time, Mother's Day ?
Carnival and fans dress up as green seats ?

As for the reason why nobody answered your question: Nobody knows.
Most likely it will include letting several players go, but as to who and how many: All speculation.

Hopefully we know more today.

#973

Jelle1880 said:


What is it this time, Mother's Day ?
Carnival and fans dress up as green seats ?

.


lol what are you on about?

Jelle1880 Registered User
#974

ColeTrain said:
lol what are you on about?


It's a running joke on Rangers message boards every time Celtic have low attendances, if I recall it came from a Celtic fan on the radio once trying to explain it by saying that most fans were out celebrating Mother's Day

meriwether Registered User
#975

Jelle1880 said:
It's a running joke on Rangers message boards every time Celtic have low attendances, if I recall it came from a Celtic fan on the radio once trying to explain it by saying that most fans were out celebrating Mother's Day


I doubt there'd be much of a dip attendances in either old firm ground on Fathers Day.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!