• Star Wars Episodes I-III (5.75%)
  • Star Wars Episodes IV-VI (39.82%)
  • Lord of the Rings (47.79%)
  • Atari Jaguar (6.64%)
fusuf Registered User

Handsome Bob said:
Fcuking voted for the wrong Star Wars trilogy.

you and 4 others!

1 person has thanked this post
Zubeneschamali Registered User

Hard to vote for any of these.

LotR was interesting in spots, but suffered badly from being a heavily edited version of much better books, with a certain amount of nonsense inserted because Peter Jackson said so.

Original Star Wars is badly let down by Return of the Jedi, which is crap.

The prequels are all much worse than RotJ.

Goldstein Registered User

Jackson and crew took the world's most loved book and gave us a big screen adaptation I'd venture noone alive could have surpassed. It is as close to perfection as anyone could possibly have come. It was emotional to witness Tolkien and Lee's work honored so faithfully and with utter devotion by all involved in the production of those three pieces of cinematic history.

As much as I love Star Wars, this is a very easy decision.

4 people have thanked this post
P4DDY2K11 Registered User

Star Wars, has to be the most influential sci fi saga of all time, LOTR is lacking.

WatchWolf Registered User

Star Wars was a rip off of Kirby's New Gods.

The Golden Miller Registered User

it seems the original star wars trilogy is beginning to reel in lord of the rings in the poll

Vertigo100 Registered User

Im only 30 so never got to see it in the cinema but I imagine finding out vader was Luke's father would have been the most unreal thing ever.

Also considering I have an imperial logo tattooed on me I better vote star wars.

2 people have thanked this post
Cmar-Ireland Registered User

Vertigo100 said:
Im only 30 so never got to see it in the cinema but I imagine finding out vader was Luke's father would have been the most unreal thing ever.

Probably something like this...

another vote for Episodes IV-VI

LOTR has Christopher Lee, massive legend that he is!

All three LOTR films are also really consistent unlike Star Wars but nothing comes close to the power of the 'The Empire Strikes Back'...what a masterpiece!

...so for me its Star Wars all the way, the original trilogy not the recent rubbish.

Draupnir Registered User

FlashD said:
LOTR has Christopher Lee, massive legend that he is!

All three LOTR films are also really consistent unlike Star Wars but nothing comes close to the power of the 'The Empire Strikes Back'...what a masterpiece!

...so for me its Star Wars all the way, the original trilogy not the recent rubbish.

He's in the new Star Wars movies too.

nyarlothothep Registered User

Star Wars 4-6. If I pretend that I had never seen either trilogy I would probably enjoy Star Wars more. Why? Because LOTR suffers from that typical modern Hollywood problem which afflicts so called great films, that is crap characterisation in favour of steaming through the plot. Apart from Gollum most of the characters were just forgettable and I didn't identify with them because they were too conventional. The only problem with Star Wars 4-6 is the Ewoks. Star Wars just inches past LOTR for me and its essentially because the Ewoks incur a -1000 penalty in my scoring system.

Mickeroo Category Moderator

nyarlothothep said:
Star Wars 4-6. If I pretend that I had never seen either trilogy I would probably enjoy Star Wars more. Why? Because LOTR suffers from that typical modern Hollywood problem which afflicts so called great films, that is crap characterisation in favour of steaming through the plot. Apart from Gollum most of the characters were just forgettable and I didn't identify with them because they were too conventional. The only problem with Star Wars 4-6 is the Ewoks. Star Wars just inches past LOTR for me and its essentially because the Ewoks incur a -1000 penalty in my scoring system.

I'm confused, have you seen star wars?

P4DDY2K11 Registered User

nyarlothothep said:

what have ewoks ever done on you?

zerks Registered User

Star Wars IV-VI for me.

Draupnir said:
He's in the new Star Wars movies too.

That's true man, thanks for the reminder though I had to check.

I grew up with the original trilogy so i'm not that familiar with the recent ones, once was enough for me.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!