MikeJK Registered User

Just went in to my local PC World in Galway, interested in buying a new mechanical keyboard and I saw the Razer Black Widow Ultimate on sale for €250! The Razer site advertises it for €130 and the PC World UK site is advertising it at £110, is this an error?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/razer-black-widow-ultimate-gaming-keyboard-black-11284372-pdt.html?intcmpid=display~RR~~11284372

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_IE/pd/productID.210841600

MikeJK said:
Just went in to my local PC World in Galway, interested in buying a new mechanical keyboard and I saw the Razer Black Widow Ultimate on sale for €250! The Razer site advertises it for €130 and the PC World UK site is advertising it at £110, is this an error?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/razer-black-widow-ultimate-gaming-keyboard-black-11284372-pdt.html?intcmpid=display~RR~~11284372

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_IE/pd/productID.210841600

I'd say it is ! Don't like that at all as it makes us look like we're taking the mick. We have automated systems to price these kinds of products relative to the UK price and it looks like the formulae have gone awry here. I'll get my guys on the job. Thanks for the heads up

MikeJK Registered User

Currys & PC World: Declan;77017275
I'd say it is ! Don't like that at all as it makes us look like we're taking the mick. We have automated systems to price these kinds of products relative to the UK price and it looks like the formulae have gone awry here. I'll get my guys on the job. Thanks for the heads up

Thanks Declan, you might ask them to check all their gaming keyboards, they all seem to be overpriced but not as obviously as that, for example, the Steelseries 6GV2 is €130 there vs £85 (approx. €100) on the UK site and the same seems to be the case with the Logitech keyboards.

I'd love to buy locally but price differences like that are pushing me away.

MikeJK said:
Thanks Declan, you might ask them to check all their gaming keyboards, they all seem to be overpriced but not as obviously as that, for example, the Steelseries 6GV2 is €130 there vs £85 (approx. €100) on the UK site and the same seems to be the case with the Logitech keyboards.

It's € 129.99 from tomorrow. My guys are telling me that the automated system we have had to be adjusted for the VAT change and a variety of funnies like this came out of that. I'll have the guys do a scan of all the keyboards. Thanks again. The guy who owns these categories in our office here does a few thousand products so it can be tough to keep up with.

MikeJK Registered User

Currys & PC World: Declan;77018227
It's € 129.99 from tomorrow. My guys are telling me that the automated system we have had to be adjusted for the VAT change and a variety of funnies like this came out of that. I'll have the guys do a scan of all the keyboards. Thanks again. The guy who owns these categories in our office here does a few thousand products so it can be tough to keep up with.

Wow, I did not expect anything that quickly (or any reduction that big!). Thanks, I can tell you there'll be one less in stock in Galway on Monday morning.

Edit: I have to say I'm very impressed, I'm so used to either being ignored or given the run around from companies over things like this it's actually a bit of a shock that something came out of it. Thanks again!

MikeJK said:
Wow, I did not expect anything that quickly (or any reduction that big!). Thanks, I can tell you there'll be one less in stock in Galway on Monday morning.

Edit: I have to say I'm very impressed, I'm so used to either being ignored or given the run around from companies over things like this it's actually a bit of a shock that something came out of it. Thanks again!

T'was a cock up, it should never have been that price to begin with ! And without your kind intervention it might have stayed that way for a while, so we're all winning here. Cheers again.

MikeJK said:

We've done these too so all should be ok now. Thanks again

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!