Sleger/O'Dea to start then?

Stevecw Registered User

G.K. said:
Sleger/O'Dea to start then?

Or cud go with Kelly O'Shea St Ledg Ward which is more likely

Oh yeah, forgot O'Shea.

sugarman said:
They were €20/10 all round last week for awhile!

Still a good few left, id say 70% sold so far.

This is what they should have been doing for the Cup of nations last year.

My mate got us a €50 quid ticket each...

It's on level 4. Is that like a private box, or something?

Raskolnikov Registered User

paddy kerins said:
Ah right. Was wondering why he didn't get the nod ahead of Duffy

Most of his games for Villa have been in central midfield, so I doubt he is in the frame to to take the place of central defence.

sugarman Registered User

tolosenc said:
My mate got us a €50 quid ticket each...

It's on level 4. Is that like a private box, or something?

Yeh I think so, well 'the experiance' level.. they're normally €100-120

1 person has thanked this post
briany Registered User

It's a real pity about Dunne being out but since he knows the system so well, it's a better time to be injured than with only weeks to the Euros. That said, it would've been nice to see him in there for any tactical experiments, if any, Trap might try.

I can't think that Trap is taking any player out of loyalty. When we saw his post match interview in Estonia, what we saw was a very emotional man who believed in his players and who's players returned that belief by being totally dedicated and passionate. He's really the first manager since Jack who has been able to instill that kind of group mentality in his players right from the outset. However, that group has remained largely unchanged since he took over, certainly the starting XI, he was picking Whelan and Andrews almost right from the outset and consistently from then on when fit even though there were all the other options so he obviously does, and always has, see something there. I'm not sure what that is exactly with the likes of Whelan, Andrews or Keogh but at this stage I'm happy enough to wait and see whether his faith in them is justified at the Euros.

That_Guy Registered User

From 3 Football's Facebook page.

Not long now ‘til Three and the FAI release 1,000 tickets for €10 (booking charges will apply) for the friendly against the Czech Republic in Aviva Stadium on February 29th! Just before 3pm today we’ll be posting the live link to where you can buy the €10 tickets. Happy Valentine's Day!

http://www.facebook.com/3Football

IRISHSPORTSGUY Registered User

I wonder if McClean scores, say, 10 goals this season for SAFC (already has 4) and Stephen Hunt stays glued to the Wolves bench what will happen.

Rhys Essien Registered User

So Paul Green gave an interview a few days ago about his desire to be recalled by Trap,and today low and behold.

The mind boggles with Trap,Green is not international standard.
Meyler,Clark,Wilson and Hoolahan must be gutted.Also Robbie Brady.

Maybe these players should be ringing up the Sunday World or whoever next time round.

briany Registered User

Rhys Essien said:
So Paul Green gave an interview a few days ago about his desire to be recalled by Trap,and today low and behold.

The mind boggles with Trap,Green is not international standard.
Meyler,Clark,Wilson and Hoolahan must be gutted.Also Robbie Brady.

Maybe these players should be ringing up the Sunday World or whoever next time round.

You know that Green is bad when he makes Whelan/Andrews look good. Actually, that's not fair to say because Whelan and Andrews can play but under most circumstances, as it pertains to Ireland, they are told not to and to break up play, to give defensive cover etc. Maybe then that's why Green was called up, because he's the type of player who fits that role as it's a role that doesn't demand as much wit and skill, qualities that Green probably wouldn't and couldn't attempt to call on where a flightier CM might and we know how Trap feels about players who don't adhere to his word and his system. Still, because he's been so clumsy and so mistake prone in his appearances for Ireland, I'm a bit shocked and disappointed that he got the call up even though he probably will just be a bench warmer, if that.

The_Kew_Tour Registered User

Green should never have even got a smell of getting back into the squad after his performance against Russia alone.

4 people have thanked this post
corcaigh07 Registered User

at least mcclean is getting a chance, maybe just to be part of the squad this time around but still....

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2012/0220/republicofireland.html

a limited amount of tickets are available on ticketmaster for 10euro for this game.
i got 2 and seats are on east stand lower level.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Republic-of-Ireland-tickets/artist/1123642

darkman2 Banned

RTÉ Soccer ‏ @RTEsoccer Close
@RTEsoccer: Giovanni Trapattoni is to give James McClean and Shane Duffy their Rep of Ireland debuts on Wednesday.

McClean and Duffy to both make debuts according to RTE soccer twitter feed.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!