c0rn3y Registered User

@Squidwert: I was thinking about doing the same thing and building my new one inside the room, but then it ht me... it could be hard to ever move again with a metal frame hehe.

c0rn3y Registered User

While I am waiting to build my new rig I needed something for my keyboard and mouse on my PVC rig. My landlord dropped by the other day and gave me a box full of PVC fittings, so I tried to make a keyboard & mouse holder with what I could find in that box.

Sorry about the bad pictures (and all the mess), I will take better ones =)

2 people have thanked this post
katana1 Registered User

CRM Ireland --thats an awesome job - Well thought out and the finished product is amazing.you must be really proud of yourself...
Well done.

1 person has thanked this post
katana1 Registered User

coRn3y --- nice of your landlord they have really made a difference --looks awesome m8.

katana1 Registered User

katana1 said:
Well I'm 90% finished. I just have to finish bracket for gearshift.Also a few paint touch ups etc.Thanks for all the ideas guys. I know that it's homemade but I'm really looking forward to hooking it up next weekend.
Well thanks to this thread and your ideas-- I finally made something.

About the 20mm box. If you have a good lot of it you could do something like the frames on older ducati bikes --it would make it good and strong. If you are welding it make sure you brace it all over as 20mm box would go all over the place with heat.Stagger weld it is best..I learned the hard way when I tried to make my front gates

My rig was nice and neat --then I had to use whole thing as desk and its hidden in this mess:

Attachments
S1031402.JPG
ScumLord Moderator

This looks like a neat product.

ciaranie Registered User

G27. Inverted pedals and handbrake mod. Sequential mod next and a bigger monitor.

Attachments
image.jpg
Squidwert Registered User

Hey ciaranie

Are you just driving on GT5 or are you on PC also. Nice setup by the way.

I'm going redesign my screen in the next couple of days to look more like this. I'll post pic's when finished. It should look great in 3D till the Oculus rift is out.

ciaranie Registered User

Squidwert said:
Hey ciaranie

Are you just driving on GT5 or are you on PC also. Nice setup by the way.

I'm going redesign my screen in the next couple of days to look more like this. I'll post pic's when finished. It should look great in 3D till the Oculus rift is out.

That looks brillant. Rfactor is one of the best sims. I've nothing that good. GT5, Richard Burns Rally and Rfactor's what I have. My pc's graphic card needs a upgrade so mostly play GT5 but Richard Burns Rally is the most realistic in my opinion.

Look forward to seeing your pics when finished.

SouperComputer Moderator

Totally doing that projector setup when I FINALLY get to making my RaceBase.

kevin2me Registered User

Cool thread all, Not exactly Driving Rig but it counts
Sega Rally never gets old...

And here bro's sorry attempt, not too shabby so far Full car dash!!

1 person has thanked this post
ciaranie Registered User

RSRBR2013

Any body know if rsrbr2013 will run on the following laptop:

Intel Celeron single core B815 processor.
1.6GHz processor speed.
6GB DDR3 RAM memory.
1000GB SATA hard drive.
Microsoft Windows 7 Premium.
Display features:
15.6 inch widescreen display.
High definition display.
Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.
DVD optical drives:
DVD+RW/DVD-RW(read/write).
Dual layer.
Graphics:
Shared graphics.
Intel with 1695MB memory.
Interfaces and connectivity:
5-in-1 media card reader.
Secure Digital (SD), Multi-Media Card (MMC) compatible.
3 USB ports.
1 Ethernet port.
1 HDMI port.
Wi-Fi enabled.
Multi-media features:
1MP VGA built-in webcam.
Built-in mic.

Thinking of getting laptop instead of pc.
Thanks

SouperComputer Moderator

kevin2me said:
Cool thread all, Not exactly Driving Rig but it counts
Sega Rally never gets old...

And here bro's sorry attempt, not too shabby so far Full car dash!!

G25 on an Xbox 360? Using adaptors or??

ScumLord Moderator

Squidwert said:
It should look great in 3D till the Oculus rift is out.
That looks excellent, if it's around the $300 mark it would be great. I've been waiting for one of these for decades! I don't understand why they haven't come back into fashion quicker.

I've been seriously thinking about a rig but the cost was just way to high. I've already spent a lot on my PC and a big projector but I couldn't sacrifice any of that stuff to make the rig. I was looking at the prospect of buying a lot of new hardware to make the rig. The Oculus opens up a whole load of new possibilities.

Squidwert Registered User

ScumLord said:
That looks excellent, if it's around the $300 mark it would be great. I've been waiting for one of these for decades! I don't understand why they haven't come back into fashion quicker.

I've been seriously thinking about a rig but the cost was just way to high. I've already spent a lot on my PC and a big projector but I couldn't sacrifice any of that stuff to make the rig. I was looking at the prospect of buying a lot of new hardware to make the rig. The Oculus opens up a whole load of new possibilities.

Yea i'll be selling the projector and getting a monitor and rift. We'll find out in a few weeks if it's as good as i hope it is.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!