Oscar Bravo said:
2800s Ready for action in Ballina
Why didn't they block off the pass through's in these instead of the 2700's

1 person has thanked this post
Poxyshamrock Registered User

Have seen the 22ks in action on the Ennis-Limerick line a few times in the past two weeks, is this a regular occurrence?

highlydebased Registered User

Poxyshamrock said:
Have seen the 22ks in action on the Ennis-Limerick line a few times in the past two weeks, is this a regular occurrence?

Some links now seem to be always operated by 22k's, evening ones in particular. Some of them go through to Limk Jctn.

dowlingm Registered User

Is that 22 the one that operates the Nenagh branch in the mornings maybe? If another one was available I think they should look at changing the Limerick-Thurles(ECS)-Thurles-Limerick to 22 since it would be able to take advantage of the higher limits on the stretch from/to the Junction.

Captain Chaos Registered User

Run_to_da_hills said:
Why didn't they block off the pass through's in these instead of the 2700's

Because there was underlying issue with the 2700s auto couplers uncoupling unintentionally and is a safety hazard if people happen to be passing between units and it happens to uncouple in transit. The 26s and 28s don't have that fault. The 27s are built by Alstom like those other heaps of junk that are the 8200 DART units that are reported to be sold off this year. The 26 and 28 are built by Mitsu Tokyu Car like the 85xx DARTs and are very good performers all round.

2 people have thanked this post

Poxyshamrock said:
With the amount of passengers on this route they should remove the intermediate carriage.

lxflyer Registered User

I would imagine that as the remaining 22k sets are commissioned the Limerick/Limerick Junction shuttles will switch to 22k operation, and that would include the Thurles morning commuter.

dowlingm Registered User

lxflyer said:
I would imagine that as the remaining 22k sets are commissioned the Limerick/Limerick Junction shuttles will switch to 22k operation, and that would include the Thurles morning commuter.
One would hope so, and not that one would be put on the Parity Of Esteem Express instead.

dublinman1990 Registered User

I've seen 2x3 car sets at Tara Street sometime last week heading from Westland Row to Drogheda Arriving in Tara Street at 8:13pm.

I seen it while waiting on platform 2 waiting for a DART to Greystones.

dublinman1990 said:
I've seen 2x3 car sets at Tara Street sometime last week heading from Westland Row to Drogheda Arriving in Tara Street at 8:13pm.

I seen it while waiting on platform 2 waiting for a DART to Greystones.

Yeah, the 22s are now regular for Dundalk services. During last week it was either 2x3 or a 6 car highcap set working the service. During the afternoon it is sometimes a single 3 car set.

Oscar Bravo Registered User

2717 on the Manulla-Ballina service today

Attachments
2717.jpg
Oscar Bravo Registered User

The gangway corridors will also be removed from the 2800s,just like the 2700s. There is 1 set of 2800s in the Paintshop atm.The same livery as the 2700s got will be applied.

Oscar Bravo said:
The gangway corridors will also be removed from the 2800s,just like the 2700s. There is 1 set of 2800s in the Paintshop atm.The same livery as the 2700s got will be applied.

The 26s are already in the IC livery so makes sense for the 28s to get it too but removing the gangways, why. The 26s got to hang on to theirs even though they mainly work in pairs anyway.

2 people have thanked this post
Mycroft H Registered User

Now that I think of it, its at least 18 months since I seen one on the maynooth line. And even then they were relegated to late evening services. They were bloody loud inside.

BX 19 said:
Now that I think of it, its at least 18 months since I seen one on the maynooth line. And even then they were relegated to late evening services. They were bloody loud inside.

Worse again if your at the cab end on the WRC, it can't go five minutes without blasting the horn.

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!