Darith Registered User

Recently upgraded my asus A8N-SLI deluxe from 1gb to 4gb. Dxdiag only shows 3072 mb ? Page file: 909 mb, 3536 available. Have i got a bad module? Although some docs say my memory will read 3.5 Gb or less?

jaykhunter Moderator

Are you on an old computer or XP? I think the max ram on it is around 3GB as I have 4GB in my old dell and it only recognises 3.25GB.

In any cas, more Info is helpful, rIght click and properties the my computer icon and post what it says

Monotype Registered User

Yep, jaykhunter is right, older operating systems - i.e., 32-bit OSs - won't recognise more than 4GB total.

This total includes all the other various bits of memory like BIOS chips and graphics cards.
How much RAM is on your graphics card?

Darith Registered User

jaykhunter said:
Are you on an old computer or XP? I think the max ram on it is around 3GB as I have 4GB in my old dell and it only recognises 3.25GB.

In any cas, more Info is helpful, rIght click and properties the my computer icon and post what it says

Thanks. Sorry for the late reply. She is late 2005 so not young , xp. I will post what you request later.

Monotype said:
Yep, jaykhunter is right, older operating systems - i.e., 32-bit OSs - won't recognise more than 4GB total.

This total includes all the other various bits of memory like BIOS chips and graphics cards.
How much RAM is on your graphics card?

About 256mb on card , it is a GTX 7800

Monotype Registered User

3x1024 = 3072MB. So maybe one of the modules isn't working.
Take a look in the BIOS setup to see how much is recorded. Reboot the computer and look for a message to hit the delete key or an 'F' key to get in.

Darith Registered User

Bios says 4096 installed so i guess i am ok.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!