Elba101 said:
Was reading an article just there about the most common things said on a death bed - number one being "I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me."

Have you ever been held back, or not done something, because you were too afraid of what people might think? Do you have any regrets?

I knew a guy once who, when under the influence of some chemicals, decided to strip naked and fight a cat to the death, mano a mano in a completely empty room. Man vs Beast if you will.

The cat scratched and bit the sh*t out of him, damaging one of his eyes and messing up his face. One of the cuts on his legs got infected with some nasty sh*t but he was too ashamed to go to the doctor about it. When he finally did, it was too late, and he had to have part of his leg amputated.

I'd say he'll probably regret that more than the dreams he never pursued or the songs he never sang.

He didn't even manage to hurt the cat that much, let alone kill it.

2 people have thanked this post
pebbles21 Registered User

Sindri said:
My dog died today, and I have to bury him.

I regret not spending more time with him and loving him more. I regret that his injuries were so serious and nothing could be done. I regret that that he died. I loved him.

That must be hard for you,my dog died last week too,he accidently got into the washing machine and subsequently drowned ...

But at least he died in Comfort...

14 people have thanked this post
KKkitty Registered User

I regret not being the daughter my parents wanted me to be. They did everything they could as regards raising me and it seems like as soon as I turned 18 I slapped it all back in their faces. It's only since they died I realise how selfish I was.

7 people have thanked this post

Em....all my regret are things I had no control over, think I`ve played things pretty well from the hand I`ve been dealt. Those common regrets don`t apply to me at all so I know I`m not doing so bad!

1 person has thanked this post

Yes. Buying a single vinyl copy of Piaf's Je Ne Regret Rien in a flea market. Forgot I'd thrown out the 3 in 1 years ago

I had a chance to take a photo of my daugher (who was only a baby at the time) sitting on her uncle's lap a few years ago.

Her uncle was only 19 at the time and had a very cool car. Like a knob, I took a photo of my daughter sitting in his car instead.

The uncle died a few months later.

Not taking the photo of them together...that's my regret. Would have been nice to say to her in a few years, that's you with your uncle ....... he was a great guy.

7 people have thanked this post
bodhrandude Registered User

Yes, never really finding love and its probably too late now having been single for a long, long time. I was a victim of school bullying which destroyed my confidence and I wonder if I will ever repair this.

2 people have thanked this post

Regrets, I have many.

Seachmall Registered User

Bruce7 said:
I knew a guy once who, when under the influence of some chemicals, decided to strip naked and fight a cat to the death, mano a mano in a completely empty room. Man vs Beast if you will.

The cat scratched and bit the sh*t out of him, damaging one of his eyes and messing up his face. One of the cuts on his legs got infected with some nasty sh*t but he was too ashamed to go to the doctor about it. When he finally did, it was too late, and he had to have part of his leg amputated.

I'd say he'll probably regret that more than the dreams he never pursued or the songs he never sang.

He didn't even manage to hurt the cat that much, let alone kill it.

By "cat" do you mean "HOLY MOTHERFUCKER IT'S A FUCKING LION!!" by any chance?

If not, sweet Jesus. Fair play to the cat.

4 people have thanked this post
skregs Registered User

Anyone who says they have no regrets is a stupid cock who has never learned anything.

Mickey Lover Registered User

Sindri said:

I regret not spending more time with him and loving him more. I regret that his injuries were so serious and nothing could be done. I regret that that he died. I loved him.

Aw that's so sad I'm sure you loved the little fella when he was here - sad news to hear

marty1985 Registered User

Sindri said:

Sorry to hear that Sindri. I dread the thought of my dog dying. Hope you're OK.

bluewolf being awesome

skregs said:
Anyone who says they have no regrets is a stupid cock who has never learned anything.

On the contrary, I've learned quite a lot, and I am happy with where I am today

4 people have thanked this post

bluewolf said:
On the contrary, I've learned quite a lot, and I am happy with where I am today

This.

frozenfrozen Registered User

"I left one million euro in the........................."

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!