forzacalcio Registered User
#31

Achilles said:
Some people are never happy.

Who is this guy? You havent a clue kid!

djimi Registered User
#32

Achilles said:
Some people are never happy.


Are you kidding me? Are you an F1 fan? Do you remember the dark days of ITVs coverage, where they were almost guaranteed to miss something while on an ad break?

Ad breaks in F1 are a deal breaker for most fans. Do you think Sky decided to go ad free willingly? They pretty much had no choice; when the new TV deals were announced; the first and loudest question everyone asked was would Sky be having ad breaks, and they would been crucified had they tried it.

MrVestek Registered User
#33

djimi said:
Are you kidding me? Are you an F1 fan? Do you remember the dark days of ITVs coverage, where they were almost guaranteed to miss something while on an ad break?

Ad breaks in F1 are a deal breaker for most fans. Do you think Sky decided to go ad free willingly? They pretty much had no choice; when the new TV deals were announced; the first and loudest question everyone asked was would Sky be having ad breaks, and they would been crucified had they tried it.


At least you can actually view the event without having Sky Sports F1.

You're on a computer... if you really wanted to find unrestricted access to a decent quality stream then you could.

Not that I would condone such things you understand.

forzacalcio Registered User
#34

Achilles said:
At least you can actually view the event without having Sky Sports F1.

You're on a computer... if you really wanted to find unrestricted access to a decent quality stream then you could.

Not that I would condone such things you understand.

Sweet jesus! Is this guy just trolling or what?

icdg Moderator
#35

Calm down guys, please.

All Formula One races will still be available to UPC analogue and digital viewers. Ten of the races are live and uninterrupted on the BBC. All the races (including the ten the BBC will not show) will be on Setanta Ireland with BBC commentary. Yes its not Sky Sports F1 HD, and there will be ads on Setanta (as there were on both RTÉ and ITV) but overall it means the vast majority of the Formula One season will be available to basic cable viewers.

This is unlike on Sky where you'll have to have either a HD subscription or a Sky Sports subscription to see Sky Sports F1 HD - Sky basic viewers will only see the ten races that on the BBC, unless they subscribe to Sky Sports or take HD. I think UPC viewers get the better deal there.

Infoanon Registered User
#36

icdg said:
This is unlike on Sky where you'll have to have either a HD subscription or a Sky Sports subscription to see Sky Sports F1 HD - Sky basic viewers will only see the ten races that on the BBC, unless they subscribe to Sky Sports or take HD. I think UPC viewers get the better deal there.


It depends on your viewpoint - if you are a Sky Sports subsciber on UPC you are paying the same as a Sky sub holder but now receiving less.

Additionally if you are an indycar fan then you have no alternative but to get Sky.

At least UPC have informed its subscribers that the service will not be available and given time to make alternative arrangements - Skys 'exclusive' advertistments probably indicate another Sky Atlantic stand off.

Dodge Registered User
#37

Infoanon said:
It depends on your viewpoint - if you are a Sky Sports subsciber on UPC you are paying the same as a Sky sub holder but now receiving less.


You always received less (red button)

MrVestek Registered User
#38

I'm not trolling I'm just trying to be a realist is all.

nearyj Registered User
#39

Sky sports F1 will be available through sky go.

Sky digital customers are allowed to access Sky Go using 3 devices (xbox, pc, iPhone or iPad)

If u know anyone with sky digital who may not be using one of their 3 devices then ask for their username and password.

Note the sky customer must be signed up to the full sports package to receive sky sports F1.

Problem solved.

djimi Registered User
#40

Its two devices, but I suspect that a lot of people will be going down this route (I certainly will be...)

forzacalcio Registered User
#41

nearyj said:
Sky sports F1 will be available through sky go.

Sky digital customers are allowed to access Sky Go using 3 devices (xbox, pc, iPhone or iPad)

If u know anyone with sky digital who may not be using one of their 3 devices then ask for their username and password.

Note the sky customer must be signed up to the full sports package to receive sky sports F1.

Problem solved.

Or just Sky HD

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!