Faolchu Registered User
#1

folks

i have a G&G Raider, and the battery is in the Crane stock. the problem is i also have an acog and the generic stock that comes with the raider is a tad on the bloated side meaning that i cant properly see into the scope.

so i'm thinking is there a way to replace the stock with something skinier and either move the battery to the front into a PEQ type box on the barrel. or would it be better to use some sort of battery pouch like this

dinko4gr Registered User
#2

as i also share your pain with the g&g raider stock this solution will only make the buttstock feel even more more ridiculous (added wobble etc). an/peq is the way to go imho .. and even though it will make you raider a tad heavy on the front ( like every woman should be ) leaves you with pretty much no limit as to what to do with you stock. im going for the UBR just for the sexier look.

need a aeg Registered User
#3

well you could just use stock tube lipos which leaves only the stock to change nothing else

dinko4gr Registered User
#4

need a aeg said:
well you could just use stock tube lipos which leaves only the stock to change nothing else


sorry for thread jacking but the current tube lipos are in the 12-15C range and really low mAh's. while with an peq you can slap pretty much any shape/size/mAh lipo on it.

need a aeg Registered User
#5

true, just seemed less messy to go lipo

Faolchu Registered User
#7

Rooky1 said:
You could try a scope riser?
That way you don't have to touch your stock or re-wire it to the front
Just another option.l


thought about a riser alright. the problem isthe fatness of the current crane stock coupled with a mesh lower face mask which i use makes it damn near impossible to see down the scope when im in the field.

I've not much knowledge on the technical side of airsoft, if i change to Lipo do i need to change anything internally? or is it a case of getting a lipo and maybe an adapter so it can connect to the current wiring coming from the motor?

if i wire to the front does that mean disassembling the body and then running the wire out near the barrel or simply buy an extension and run it from its existing point at the rear and run it along the outside to a PEQ box?

1 person has thanked this post
dinko4gr Registered User
#8

Faolchu said:
thought about a riser alright. the problem isthe fatness of the current crane stock coupled with a mesh lower face mask which i use makes it damn near impossible to see down the scope when im in the field.

I've not much knowledge on the technical side of airsoft, if i change to Lipo do i need to change anything internally? or is it a case of getting a lipo and maybe an adapter so it can connect to the current wiring coming from the motor?

if i wire to the front does that mean disassembling the body and then running the wire out near the barrel or simply buy an extension and run it from its existing point at the rear and run it along the outside to a PEQ box?


the riser is needed whether you keep the crane stock or rewire. the mesh mash ( i have a half face one) will still get in the way but not as much once you use the riser. here are 2 cheap as hell risers
http://dx.com/5-low-aluminum-alloy-scope-mount-base-for-m4a1-black-144mm-41825
http://dx.com/5-heightened-aluminum-alloy-scope-mount-base-for-m4a1-black-144mm-41824
i got both. both coop with the alpha post.it comes down for how much of the alpha post you wonna see through your scope. normal gives you 1/2 of the sight filled with the alpha post.the heightened drops it down to 2/5. the cheapest solution for you is first get a riser. maybe the 1 or 1.2, for the heightened, added inches will work for ya. for the g&g raider a 7.4 lipo wont do any damage provided you don't go mental on the full auto. keep your bursts short( ... i know right?).

Faolchu Registered User
#9

dinko4gr said:
the riser is needed whether you keep the crane stock or rewire.

i actually don't notice a problem with the A sight, i have an Acog scope and i dont see it at all in the view. its worth investing that small amount to resolve the issue before i look at doing anything else and spending a fortune

dinko4gr said:
for the g&g raider a 7.4 lipo wont do any damage provided you don't go mental on the full auto. keep your bursts short( ... i know right?).


especially with a Lonex mag suppression fire is so easy with one of those

dinko4gr Registered User
#10

Faolchu said:
i actually don't notice a problem with the A sight, i have an Acog scope and i dont see it at all in the view. its worth investing that small amount to resolve the issue before i look at doing anything else and spending a fortune

especially with a Lonex mag suppression fire is so easy with one of those


im rewiring and switching to deans and lipo just to get as much rof and crispier trigger im still to unload a full lonex in one go

Faolchu Registered User
#11

dinko4gr said:
im rewiring and switching to deans and lipo just to get as much rof and crispier trigger im still to unload a full lonex in one go



be interested in seeing a how to on that if you have one or put one together, chances are even if the riser works I'll want to change the stock anyway and maybe put a PEQ in place just to make the Raider look less "stock"

dinko4gr Registered User
#12

Faolchu said:
be interested in seeing a how to on that if you have one or put one together, chances are even if the riser works I'll want to change the stock anyway and maybe put a PEQ in place just to make the Raider look less "stock"


i just got my dummy an/peq extender box today so i can fit a larger mAh battery on it and i already have the riser with an ACOG on it. i ll get a few pics and post perhaps later on tonight. The rewiring is still not done as im chasing Leftyflip and cant seem to get a reply out of him. once that is done im getting a ubr stock to finish the look.

P.S. Consider getting magpull xtr rail covers. keep away of the china knockoffs cause they are s***e. they completely change the look along with an AFG.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!