navsat Registered User
#1

Hi my first thread closed I dont know why so I make this new.
Someone who live in Castleknock or Ashtown?

First thread many people say Dublin 1 there is many heroin addict, so I decide live longer away from city center.
Can you recommend this area and why is this good or bad place?

Thank you very much.

darkman2 Banned
#2

Would you not rather somewhere posh like Finglas?

1 person has thanked this post
Stripey Cat Registered User
#3

Dublin 1 there is many heroin addict


I am going to love this thread.

4 people have thanked this post
navsat Registered User
#4

darkman2 said:
Would you not rather somewhere posh like Finglas?


I dont understand what you mean. Posh what is that? and I will not live in Finglas. Thanks

FreudianSlippers Registered User
#5

Castleknock > Ashtown

3 people have thanked this post
monument Moderator
#6

You should not believe everything you hear from random people on the internet about junkies. There's loads of good places to live which are very central.


navsat said:
Hi my first thread closed I dont know why so I make this new.
Someone who live in Castleknock or Ashtown?

First thread many people say Dublin 1 there is many heroin addict, so I decide live longer away from city center.
Can you recommend this area and why is this good or bad place?

Thank you very much.


A little more detail would help:

Where about are you planning on working?

How long of a commute are you willing to have?

What modes of transport are you willing to use -- ie walking, cycling, buses, trains, driving?

Do you want to live somewhere where shops etc are walking distance from you?

Have you lived in other cities before? Which ones?

Degsy Banned
#7

A spot of trollage here i think..

5 people have thanked this post
monument Moderator
#8

Degsy said:
A spot of trollage here i think..


Feels like a borderline case, was willing to give them the benefit of doubt.

Phoenix Park Registered User
#9

monument said:
Feels like a borderline case, was willing to give them the benefit of doubt.


NEVER give the benefit of the doubt!

navsat Registered User
#10

monument said:
You should not believe everything you hear from random people on the internet about junkies. There's loads of good places to live which are very central.


A little more detail would help:

Where about are you planning on working?

How long of a commute are you willing to have?

What modes of transport are you willing to use -- ie walking, cycling, buses, trains, driving?

Do you want to live somewhere where shops etc are walking distance from you?

Have you lived in other cities before? Which ones?


I will work in city center. Walking distance to shops will be very nice.
Castleknock have many shops in walking distance?

Stripey Cat Registered User
#11

Does Castleknock have a supermarket? I was told that there is no Dunnes up there because that is where the owners of Dunnes actually live.

monument Moderator
#12

navsat said:
I will work in city center. Walking distance to shops will be very nice.
Castleknock have many shops in walking distance?


Where do you come from?

Slydice Registered User
#13

Stripey Cat said:
Does Castleknock have a supermarket? I was told that there is no Dunnes up there because that is where the owners of Dunnes actually live.


Not really, the center of castleknock is more like a village. There is a Spar and a petrol station shop for groceries. I read rumours that there might have been an Aldi coming but that doesn't seem to have panned out.

Saying that though, it has bus and road links to the City Centre, Blanchardstown shopping centre, Phibsboro, and Tesco Cabra which provide a wide range of shopping choice.

FreudianSlippers Registered User
#14

You can get to Superquinn Blanchardstown in like 10 mins tops.

#15

Are you working north or south of the Liffey?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!