manual_man Registered User

Anyone get their hands on one of these babies yet? Have one ordered for the bro which I'll have a nice little play with first haha

thomasj Registered User

manual_man said:
Anyone get their hands on one of these babies yet? Have one ordered for the bro which I'll have a nice little play with first haha

No but i have its smaller brother the galaxy tab plus 7 (the only difference between the 2 is the screen size/slight extra weight, superamoled on the 7.7 and better battery on the 7.7) and its a joy to use!

It doesnt feel too heavy, battery i have no complaints and i love honeycomb 3.2 on it

A great investment!

woop Registered User

they are a little expensive yet!!! the replacement for the 10.1 seems to be coming at mwc not sure if I will wait for it yet. I like the 7 inch form factor but with phones at 4+ inches now I dont know if theres that much of a differnce. Other than this the main selling point for this excluding its size would be the display which the 10.1 will supposedly match so still undecided

I also cant help thinking there will be a nexus tab in the next year.....

thomasj Registered User

woop said:

There will be, google said as much! Still though its predictible what size it will be and i still prefer the tablet that fits in my pocket

woop said:

There will be, google said as much! Still though its predictible what size it will be and i still prefer the tablet that fits in my pocket

Would you not prefer a bigger, better tablet, though? A Galaxy Note (or something that size) would just piss me off with the size of it in my (trouser) pocket. Not to mention the deep shade of purple my face would probly go makin a phonecall on it. I think a 6-8 inch tablet that fits nicely in an inside jacket pocket is the way to go

woop Registered User

in response to manual man........dont think you will be making phonecalls on these

thomasj said:

the nexus tablet was supposed to be sub 8 inch if indeed it comes

legrand Registered User

manual_man said:

Hi Manual_Man
Ordered in the US I presume? Thought these were only available with Verizon contract - no?

legrand Registered User

woop said:
they are a little expensive yet!!! the replacement for the 10.1 seems to be coming at mwc not sure if I will wait for it yet.....

Apparently there's talk of a 11.6" quad core. Not sure if that's a form-factor I'd be interested on tbh.
http://9to5google.com/2012/01/30/rumor-samsung-to-unveil-11-6-inch-galaxy-tab-at-mwc-with-wxqga-display/

manual_man said:

Hi Manual_Man
Ordered in the US I presume? Thought these were only available with Verizon contract - no?

grey market import... comin from Hong Kong

1 person has thanked this post
thomasj Registered User

manual_man said:

Hi Manual_Man

The same crew i got the galaxy tab plus 7 from

http://www.expansys.ie/samsung-galaxy-tab-7-7-wi-fi-16gb-silver-light-226795

1 person has thanked this post
legrand Registered User

manual_man said:
grey market import... comin from Hong Kong

Thanks manual_man - care to pm me a link?

Here's the link for anyone's interested:

http://panamoz.com/index.php/popular-products/samsung-galaxy-tab-7-7-16gb-wifi-3g-wifi-android-tablet.html

Very cheap

Proceed at your own risk etc. etc.

Though my order is in transit via ups and should arrive today with a bit of luck if it does i'll upload some pics

Holy god lads you have to get one of these. I nearly spilled my load when i saw the screen. Pics to follow

thomasj Registered User

manual_man said:
Holy god lads you have to get one of these. I nearly spilled my load when i saw the screen. Pics to follow

Yep its an amazing screen allright and the reviews of the battery life are really good but i opted for the Galaxy tab plus 7 because of the fact that it fits ij your jeans pocket!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!