clohamon Registered User

“3G services were licensed more recently and the specified level varied. It applies to both voice and data, which is more expensive to provide on national coverage, and varies between 83% and 90%.”

I had a look through the licences and couldn't find one that had a 90% coverage condition.

Does anyone have any information on this?

watty Registered User

Nor was coverage either measured in any meaningful way or enforced.

Many contracts (e.g. NBS) and licences have secret penalty clauses too.

1 person has thanked this post
Bill Shock Registered User

PCPhoto said:
they might have access to it - but decide they cant afford it with the prices charged

Considering ComReg don't regulate UPC (the only one offering 100mbps at present) not sure what you expect a Regulator to do about it.

I suspect main reason demand for this product is so low is that the vast majority of consumers have absolutely no need for bandwidth of that size and consequently see no reason to pay for something they neither want nor will use.

Bill Shock said:
Considering ComReg don't regulate UPC (the only one offering 100mbps at present) not sure what you expect a Regulator to do about it.

I suspect main reason demand for this product is so low is that the vast majority of consumers have absolutely no need for bandwidth of that size and consequently see no reason to pay for something they neither want nor will use.

That will change in next few years with Netflix and Internet TV.

Most of the TV I watch is online these days. Its the future, I've seen it

In 5 years or so 100Mbps will be the norm most likely. I wish I could get it

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!