nava Moderator
#496

phasers said:
Fairly sure you buy a voucher, and then you have to either ring 1740 or pay your membership online. It doesn't automatically pay your membership when you buy a voucher in a shop.


Yes correct, all info here

faolteam Registered User
#497

it doesnt so im under the impression if u buy from shop u have to go online and transfer it to pay ur membership

1 person has thanked this post
#498

upandcumming said:
You pay on the website. Read up on it people.


could I not pay using sms text top up out of my bank account ?

gerdalt Registered User
#499

I get a call today from Vodafone.
SHE: Hi Ger, I am calling from Vodafone - you were a customer of ours.
ME: Yes, but that was many months ago.
SHE: I am calling to tell you about new offers that would make you return
ME: OK, I am interested
SHE: Which network are you with now?
ME: 48
SHE: No, I mean which network operator?
ME: 48
SHE: Are you with O2, 3, Meteor?
ME: No, 48.
SHE: I don't know that mobile network. Is that a name?
ME: Yes, 48 is the name - it's been around a while now.
SHE: Is it billpay?
ME: No, pay as you go.
SHE: I never heard of it - how much do you pay?
ME: €10 per month
SHE: How many minutes?
ME: Effectively unlimited - to any network.
SHE: Landlines?
ME: 20 minutes.
SHE: I didn't know about that.
ME: You should! It's a great deal. Isn't it?
SHE: Yes!!! I must learn about that.
ME: Have a nice day.

15 people have thanked this post
Soarer Registered User
#500

[Mod edit - Now now...]

1 person has thanked this post
faolteam Registered User
#501

u happen to be lucky enough and use up either ur 3000 hours or your 5000texts how do u know if ur getting near the end etc ?

gerdalt Registered User
#502

Soarer said:
[removed by Mod]


EEHHH!!!!!

Ger just happens to be short for GERALDINE.

8 people have thanked this post
dory Moderator
#503

My question is; if the €10 is a membership fee - does that mean you don't have €10 credit? I'm worried I'd need to ring an 1850 number or something. How would I pay for that??

Just ordered my sim a few days ago. Can't wait to run away from Meteor.

faolteam Registered User
#504

when u send a text why does a +1745 keep coming up????

m4r10 Registered User
#505

Soarer said:
[removed by Mod]


Not as stupid as this comment! And I'm a man BTW.

podgeandrodge Registered User
#506

dory said:
My question is; if the €10 is a membership fee - does that mean you don't have €10 credit? I'm worried I'd need to ring an 1850 number or something. How would I pay for that??

Just ordered my sim a few days ago. Can't wait to run away from Meteor.


It's a membership fee - but included in this membership is the 3000 any network minutes and 5000 texts. But, unlike most topups, you don't get the "included minutes" and ALSO have €10 credit available to do other stuff with.

So pay the €10 membership and have the included calls and texts, no extra topup required.

tennis12 Registered User
#507

I unlocked my phone for the big move to 48 two days ago, got a text today off Vodafone offering me free Internet for 3 months , Id say they will do anything to try keep customers. Gotta love a bit of competition!

_Whimsical_ Registered User
#508

podgeandrodge said:
It's a membership fee - but included in this membership is the 3000 any network minutes and 5000 texts. But, unlike most topups, you don't get the "included minutes" and ALSO have €10 credit available to do other stuff with.

So pay the €10 membership and have the included calls and texts, no extra topup required.


I'm probably being stupid here but does this mean that your 10 euro membership fee pays for your allotted minutes and texts and that it also gives you 10 euro credit to spend on other services?

podgeandrodge Registered User
#509

_Whimsical_ said:
I'm probably being stupid here but does this mean that your 10 euro membership fee pays for your allotted minutes and texts and that it also gives you 10 euro credit to spend on other services?


No! I maybe phrased it badly. You are paying for membership which includes minutes and texts. When you've paid for membership your balance is then zero but you can make calls and texts. To do anything else requires purchase of more credit.

#510

what happens if you are roaming ? Can you receive texts/calls while abroad (say in the EU) for free ? And if the 10 euro is used up in membership fees I presume you have to add more cash to make calls and send sms abroad ?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!