Jonny7 Registered User
#16

jackiebaron said:
There is no sidestep and no contradiction in my post. It was your mistake.

I'll try to simplify it for you. A town mayor puts his backing and endorsement behind the local rackateer and credits him for being a pillar of the community in turn for kickbacks.

The same mayor runs a campaign of smear, harassment and violence against a community activist who is assisting local businesses to qualify for loans that are not controlled by the mayor or the racketeer.

Poor mayor can't catch a break.

Your post painted you into a corner, mate.


Nope you support one dictator and are against another - something you accuse the US of - that's contradictory and hypocritical.

davoxx Banned
#17

Jonny7 said:
Nope you support one dictator and are against another - something you accuse the US of - that's contradictory and hypocritical.

you are right there!!! the us is contradictory and hypocritical ... i feel like we made a break through

jackiebaron Banned
#18

Jonny7 said:
Nope you support one dictator and are against another - something you accuse the US of - that's contradictory and hypocritical.


I don't "support" any dictator. Your glorious US....the "free-est" country in the history of the planet.....so said....claims to have bombed Afghanistan to powder and your feeble excuse is that you want to have Afghan peasant women liberated from their veils and burhkhas....and you expect anyone with an IQ above room-temperature to believe that crap. Saudi women are routinely stoned to death if they express a longing for another man, Uzbeck citizens can be boiled to death by Karimov and anally raped ON CAMERA, with broken bottles...a state that is called "an ally" by Hillary Clinton......and you talk about dictators?

You feeble weakness for "America's" love of the rest of the world is beginning to look and smell very nauseating.

US troops urinate on corpses.....and it's not an isolated incident.

2 people have thanked this post
jackiebaron Banned
#19

But they have no problem with a soldier-thug killing children and getting 3 months detention?

How come most Americans can't speak for themselves? How come the majority of them have no individuality...no strength to go against the norm or the grain? How come they're so easy to con and manipulate?
It really is a brilliant exercise.

AngryBollix Banned
#20

He has been lacklustre at best as a US president. His importance to Africa takes a back seat to this

Jonny7 Registered User
#21

jackiebaron said:
I don't "support" any dictator. Your glorious US....the "free-est" country in the history of the planet.....so said....claims to have bombed Afghanistan to powder and your feeble excuse is that you want to have Afghan peasant women liberated from their veils and burhkhas....and you expect anyone with an IQ above room-temperature to believe that crap. Saudi women are routinely stoned to death if they express a longing for another man, Uzbeck citizens can be boiled to death by Karimov and anally raped ON CAMERA, with broken bottles...a state that is called "an ally" by Hillary Clinton......and you talk about dictators?

You feeble weakness for "America's" love of the rest of the world is beginning to look and smell very nauseating.

US troops urinate on corpses.....and it's not an isolated incident.


Couldn't fool me

I mean Obama helped get rid of that nasty dictator Gaddafi, that's a plus don't you think.

Lights fuse.. stands back...

jackiebaron Banned
#22

Jonny7 said:
Couldn't fool me

I mean Obama helped get rid of that nasty dictator Gaddafi, that's a plus don't you think.

Lights fuse.. stands back...


No I don't think it is a plus.

The Libyan people are now facing occupation and / or civil war but of course you know what's best for them don't you? You know what's best for bloody everyone.

The US got rid of democratically elected Mossadegh and installed the Shah in Iran who made Gadaffi or Saddam look like altar boys.....but of course that was for their own good too, wasn't it oh benevolent one? Same with Pinochet.

Your arguments are just looking increasingly hollow and represent the bleatings of someone who just can't bring themselves to admit when they're wrong.

Jonny7 Registered User
#23

jackiebaron said:
No I don't think it is a plus.

The Libyan people are now facing occupation and / or civil war but of course you know what's best for them don't you? You know what's best for bloody everyone.


Occupation by who?

Civil war - they've just been through.

I just don't see any glaring faults in Obama's attitude/policy toward Africa. He has handled the Arab spring fairly well, and is actively helping in other areas, e.g. Uganda.

#24

Jonny7 said:
I just don't see any glaring faults in Obama's attitude/policy toward Africa.


Ok, leaving aside Libya and military interventions/invasions for a second, what about Obama's economic policy towards Africa? You don't see any glaring faults in that under his watch?

1 person has thanked this post
Jonny7 Registered User
#25

ed2hands said:
Ok, leaving aside Libya and military interventions/invasions for a second, what about Obama's economic policy towards Africa? You don't see any glaring faults in that under his watch?


What invasions?

#26

Jonny7 said:
What invasions?


:)I'll rephrase that then.

Leaving aside Libya etc and political meddling/covert policies of regime change for a second, what about Obama's economic policy towards Africa? You don't see any glaring faults in that under his watch?

Manic Moran Moderator
#27

ed2hands said:
what about Obama's economic policy towards Africa? You don't see any glaring faults in that under his watch?


Has he had one?

On the news two days ago:

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/Africa-Policy-Watchers-Lose-Hope-in-President-Obama-138259974.html

Africa Policy Watchers Lose Hope in President Obama

[...]

Since making a speech in Ghana in 2009 about how the United States would hold African leaders accountable to good governance and respecting democratic institutions, President Obama has not returned to the continent.

Emira Woods from Washington-based Foreign Policy in Focus says actual change though is more important than visits and speeches.

"Wonderful words, but very much unfulfilled," said Woods. "Those words have to be lived in terms of U.S. foreign policy and we are still waiting for them to be realized."

#28

Manic Moran said:
Has he had one?


Not any good ones apparently. Interesting article. As for his trade policies and tariffs, well that's another story.

Jonny7 Registered User
#29

ed2hands said:
:)I'll rephrase that then.

Leaving aside Libya etc and political meddling/covert policies of regime change for a second, what about Obama's economic policy towards Africa? You don't see any glaring faults in that under his watch?


Woah, there you go again Ed...

"political meddling/covert policies of regime change"

Care to explain what exactly you're referring to?

davoxx Banned
#30

Woah, there you go again Ed...

"political meddling/covert policies of regime change"

Care to explain what exactly you're referring to?
way to avoid the question ... almost seems like you are looking for an excuse ...

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!