#7,351

willmunny1990 said:
I'm not down at all really, for all our problems at the moment we are still ahead of Liverpool in the league and are in contention for a CL spot unlike the Pool.

Wait, whoa there willy, this could be a breakthrough in your case.... You were actually able to admit that you gauge Chelsea's success by comparing them to Liverpool? We're making real progress this session. Well done you!

But I'm afraid that's time for today.

K-9 Category Moderator
#7,352

missingtime said:
@JenChang88: Fletcher at £12M-£15M+ price Wolves wanted was overpriced, but with relegation, good value around £8M. Wouldn't surprise to see him in red.


I think he's decent, needs good corners and good wingers so..................a NO. Unless we want a Carroll/Fletcher partnership.

willmunny1990 said:
The Cup defiantly bought King Kenny more time IMO.

Serious questions would have to be asked if ye didn't win that, i know ye stumbled to the victory but a win is a win.

Only a point and two goals better off than last year...Anyone bar King Kenny would be scrutinized by the Liverpool faithful.

King Kenny isn't the man to take the pool any further IMO, he's a dinosaur who's out of tune with the modern game.

King Kenny is a hero to the pool fans but he wont ever get Liverpool challenging for major honors, i also doubt he'd ever be capable of getting ye a top four finish.


A dinosaur, considering his record against Chelsea...........

Was actually going to reply seriously but its a Chelsea fan giving advice on managers, the last thing we want.

Basically heed the advice, do the opposite.

5 people have thanked this post
ShamoBuc Registered User
#7,353

K-9 said:


Was actually going to reply seriously but its a Chelsea fan giving advice on managers, the last thing we want.

Basically heed the advice, do the opposite.


I had a good cuckle at that!

1 person has thanked this post
Glico Man Registered User
#7,354

missingtime said:
@JenChang88: Fletcher at £12M-£15M+ price Wolves wanted was overpriced, but with relegation, good value around £8M. Wouldn't surprise to see him in red.


Good grief... is this the level of player we're looking at to push on? We'll be in the same situation next year if thats the case. The club really needs to take a look at itself if signing average British players continues to be the modus operandi in transfer windows. We're already overstocked on them at this stage.

2 people have thanked this post
#7,355

Have to disagree about dissing Fletcher as I said earlier today he is what Carroll should be, a scruffy goal scorer. Every team needs one and Dirk Kuyt won't be here forever! 8 million would be a good buy just have to find a buyer for Andy. Matt Jarvis likewise, assists and goals from out wide.

1 person has thanked this post
#7,356

aaronh007 said:


Good grief... is this the level of player we're looking at to push on? We'll be in the same situation next year if thats the case. The club really needs to take a look at itself if signing average British players continues to be the modus operandi in transfer windows. We're already overstocked on them at this stage.


Eh, I know it aint sexy but I given up all hope of us signing an aguero or mata or silva...

God damit I was so gutted when City signed Aguero. What kinda of bezzie is Maxi eh!!!!

Kess73 Registered User
#7,357

mike65 said:
Have to disagree about dissing Fletcher as I said earlier today he is what Carroll should be, a scruffy goal scorer. Every team needs one and Dirk Kuyt won't be here forever! 8 million would be a good buy just have to find a buyer for Andy. Matt Jarvis likewise, assists and goals from out wide.



Almost depressing to see someone say that the player that Andy Carroll should be, would be a good buy at £8m.

It is almost like saying the club spent £35m on a player that looked like he could be as good as Fletcher.

#7,358

When I made the earlier mention of Fletcher it prompted me to think back to Carrolls signing and just why the fvck it happened and no still I can't see what prompted the rush to spend the Torres cheque.

2 people have thanked this post
Glico Man Registered User
#7,359

missingtime said:
Eh, I know it aint sexy but I given up all hope of us signing an aguero or mata or silva...

God damit I was so gutted when City signed Aguero. What kinda of bezzie is Maxi eh!!!!


There is a chasm in quality between Fletcher and an Aguero. There is also a number of better options than Fletcher without having to resort to a £30/40 million player that would be out of our reach at the moment.

CSF Registered User
#7,360

mixednuts said:
And ? .. Your point

Point is simple. With Gerrard, Liverpool would have been much less likely to lose that game. Talking about how better things were without Gerrard in a game you lost at home makes no sense.

argosy2006 Banned
#7,361



That's kinda funny,! Considering i see two hands above his

1 person has thanked this post
Glico Man Registered User
#7,362

CSF said:
Point is simple. With Gerrard, Liverpool would have been much less likely to lose that game. Talking about how better things were without Gerrard in a game you lost at home makes no sense.


We've not won with Gerrard in the team in the 6 games he's started since his comeback from injury. No doubt he would've made more use of the ball than Adam, but I don't think he'd have added much. Even his finishing has been exceptionally poor this year.

Gbear Registered User
#7,363

aaronh007 said:
We've not won with Gerrard in the team in the 6 games he's started since his comeback from injury. No doubt he would've made more use of the ball than Adam, but I don't think he'd have added much. Even his finishing has been exceptionally poor this year.


His long range shooting has been hot garbage, sure, but has he had much finishing to do? I remember one beauty against Newcastle but not many other chances from inside the box.

On fletcher, a perfect backup signing if the 35m quid spent on Carroll had been spent on a 35m quid player (or spending a bit less but making the difference up in a higher wage).
Having good local players happy to be at a big club, happy to not play all the time but being of decent quality is important. For that to be relevant you need superstars keeping them out of the team.

jank Banned
#7,364

K-9 said:


We've still the best run in of all the top 7 but 4th just aint going to happen and I don't think anybody, including the team or management believe so.


Que?

K-9 Category Moderator
#7,365

jank said:
Que?


Premier League site has all the fixtures. Copyright and all that.

Do outline any relevant issues.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!