RoboKlopp Registered User

tommyhaas said:
I don't think we'd be forced to pay crazy money for anyone just because its the January window, I think we're perfectly capable of paying crazy money regardless of which window it is

I suppose a meant a January "tax".

"Desperado tax" so to speak.

1 person has thanked this post
Sappy404 Registered User

Hi folks

A bit off topic:

Put this on your Facebook and ask your UK-based friends to sign it. It won't take a minute.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19149

Tell them to verify the email as well.

3 people have thanked this post
monkey9 Registered User

Newcastle have signed Papiss Cisse from Freiburg for around £1om. Now, why aren't we signing him?? We need a striker and he's been quality for them for the past few seasons.

Sappy404 Registered User

monkey9 said:
Newcastle have signed Papiss Cisse from Freiburg for around £1om. Now, why aren't we signing him?? We need a striker and he's been quality for them for the past few seasons.

Obviously it's because we've lined up Cavani.

DrumSteve Registered User

Sappy404 said:
Obviously it's because we've lined up Cavani.

Or because newcastle have just signed him.

5 people have thanked this post
monkey9 Registered User

DrumSteve said:
Or because newcastle have just signed him.

Why aren't we getting in there?? £10m?? That's great value!! What's Camolli doing?? Newcastle realise they're losing Ba for the ANC, probably realise they may lose him in the summer and they go straight out for another striker!!

shamrock55 Registered User

monkey9 said:
Why aren't we getting in there?? £10m?? That's great value!! What's Camolli doing?? Newcastle realise they're losing Ba for the ANC, probably realise they may lose him in the summer and they go straight out for another striker!!

well they do have 35m of our money from last jan to splash about

Mr Alan Registered User

Is this Cisse fella any good?

I didn't see people clamouring for us to sign him up prior to today?

Are people just frustrated we haven't signed a striker yet, so now just want someone, anyone.

2 people have thanked this post
Dont be at yourself Registered User

Cisse is a risk, even at 10 million. And we really can't afford to take another risk on a striker.

For 10 million, I'd rather we take Defoe.

opr Registered User

Al, I think people are more frustrated that Newcastle can go complete a deal for someone like this off the radar with little fuss which seems very good value that very few would have thought about buying. It is the kind of business many of us expected from Comolli.

Opr

4 people have thanked this post
stick-dan Registered User

We're all gonna shut up on February 1st when we're looking at 2 possibly 3 recruits that noone knew we were in for.

*fortune teller outside supermacs in eyre square told me

kingshankly Registered User

opr said:
Al, I think people are more frustrated that Newcastle can go complete a deal for someone like this off the radar with little fuss which seems very good value that very few would have thought about buying. It is the kind of business many of us expected from Comolli.

Opr

One thing buying someone of the radar it's another thing buying a good one of the radar

bUILDERtHEbOB Registered User

Dont be at yourself said:
Cisse is a risk, even at 10 million. And we really can't afford to take another risk on a striker.

For 10 million, I'd rather we take Defoe.

Huh?

He's 3 years younger and has averaged better than a goal every 2 games for a pretty poor side, as well as being a better all round footballer.

Probably be on less wages too.

stick-dan said:
We're all gonna shut up on February 1st when we're looking at 2 possibly 3 recruits that noone knew we were in for.

*fortune teller outside supermacs in eyre square told me

This whole secrecy regarding transfers is a myth, we're as transparent as any other club. Aside perhaps from Coates and maybe Bellamy to an extent, everyone else had been heavily linked for a good while prior to moving

Dont be at yourself Registered User

bUILDERtHEbOB said:
Huh?

He's 3 years younger and has averaged better than a goal every 2 games for a pretty poor side, as well as being a better all round footballer.

Probably be on less wages too.

Kezman. Alfonso Alves. Morientes. Kuyt.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!