MusicDots Registered User

Super Idee! "Was der Ire nicht kennt, saeuft er nicht" ist totaler Schwachsinn, warum boomen denn als einzige wohl im Moment die Craft Beer- Pubs??? Jetzt ist genau der richtige Zeitpunkt, die Leute sind ein bisschen offener geworden und probieren auch gerne mal was Neues. Der Pub wuerde sich auf JEDEN Fall halten koennen in der Stadt, es gibt genug Deutsche in Dublin, deutsche Touristen, Iren, die schon in Deutschland gewohnt haben und das auch vermissen, und Leute, die froh sind, dass es endlich mal was anderes als Plörre zu trinken gibt (also unbedingt Werbung in den Craft Beer- Pubs machen, da ist die Kundschaft!). Ich stimme vorherigen Postern zu: bitte keinen Bayern-Pub! Wenn deutsch, dann richtig und nicht voll mit Klischees. Und wenn Du echt Bundesliga auf der Leinwand hast, dann wird das ein voller Erfolg!!!

1 person has thanked this post

MusicDots said:
Ich stimme vorherigen Postern zu: bitte keinen Bayern-Pub! Wenn deutsch, dann richtig und nicht voll mit Klischees. Und wenn Du echt Bundesliga auf der Leinwand hast, dann wird das ein voller Erfolg!!!

Bah, Preussen...

MusicDots Registered User

Lawrence1895 Registered User

The Corinthian said:
Bah, Preussen...

*sing* 'Bayern kommt zu Oesterreich'

mahamageehad Registered User

Would you have applewein? (Ebbolwoi)?

mahamageehad said:
Would you have applewein? (Ebbolwoi)?

Jemand aus Darmstadt, der Ebbelwoi mag? Ich dachte, das waere ein Frankfurter Getraenk

I'd love to visit your pub if you ever get it up and running. Some beautiful beers in Germany and I love the pub grub there.

I was a General Manager of an Irish Pub in Germany for 8 years

if you need any help pm me

Thanks for the comments guys. Research has shown that this is a runner. Problem is finance. Banks are not open to it as it is too risky. I looked at a franchaise with the Bavarian Beerhouse who have a few operations in London but they have not replied and secondly if you have a franchaise it would only sell their products and as anybody in Ireland knows a bar without a Guinness, Carlsberg or Heineken tap is not worth opening regardless of German beers! I have some funds myself but need to find a partner who would be interested in a operation such as this and prepared to invest in it.

Little Alex Registered User

janullrich said:
Thanks for the comments guys. Research has shown that this is a runner. Problem is finance. Banks are not open to it as it is too risky. I looked at a franchaise with the Bavarian Beerhouse who have a few operations in London but they have not replied and secondly if you have a franchaise it would only sell their products and as anybody in Ireland knows a bar without a Guinness, Carlsberg or Heineken tap is not worth opening regardless of German beers! I have some funds myself but need to find a partner who would be interested in a operation such as this and prepared to invest in it.

Hauptsache keine solche Schankpisse!

I personally would love the idea of a pub without their "beer". I think der Ire would be quite receptive to a pub without Guinness' influence. I make it my business not to buy their products.

How much money are they looking for? Are you talking a couple of thousand or a couple of hundred thousand?

Little Alex said:
Hauptsache keine solche Schankpisse!

I personally would love the idea of a pub without their "beer". I think der Ire would be quite receptive to a pub without Guinness' influence. I make it my business not to buy their products.

How much money are they looking for? Are you talking a couple of thousand or a couple of hundred thousand?

Why not having both Guinness and German beer on offer? Everyone would be catered for, imo

Augmerson Banned

I generally approve of a German-styled pub in our Fair City. I think the construction of such a pub, certain elements are vital. There should be plenty of space in the pub, not too crowded, good living space, so you don't spill your beer on someone and get in a fight. You also need good sturdy walls. Well, without them, the place would be cold and your customers would wander freely around which is not good. You want your customers to remain within the walls of the pub. You should also perhaps think about installing a vending machine. It's a good idea to put this near the tiolets, perhaps to the Far Right of the tiolets? It would sell things like German sausage and signed pictures of Helmut Kohl.

peasant Moderator

Augmerson said:
I generally approve ...

Witzle g'macht ...koiner g'lacht

Augmerson Banned

peasant said:
Witzle g'macht ...koiner g'lacht

Your cold sounds awful. May I suggest some Leipzig...I mean Lemsip?

Get Erdinger on draft and I'll be there

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!