Conor74 Registered User

Yeah. Gonna do this alright.

Second marathon after the DCM. Just starting proper training last week, though have done a few half marathons over the winter and was running a couple of hours a week before now.

Would like to get comfortably below the 4 hour. Scraped it by seconds in Dublin.

corked Registered User

85 days to go - did a very slow 14 miles today.
Was hoping for a sub 4hr time again this year but will see how training goes.

alitoast Registered User

For any experienced runners, how does this rate in difficulty when compared with Dublin?

alitoast said:
For any experienced runners, how does this rate in difficulty when compared with Dublin?

I'd say it's similar, there are less hills in cork but less cheering crowds too.

alitoast Registered User

Thanks menoscemo, i am hoping to do both but i have a new arrival due in late September so that might mean Dublin is out.

(Oh and i'd be the father by the way, my wife is great but a marathon 4 weeks after giving birth?!?!)

BobMac104 Registered User

A reminder to sign up before the end of next week as the price goes up from 65 to 75 then.

rainbow kirby Moderator

A reminder: If anyone is interested in putting a relay team from here together, give me a shout. If it's going to happen, would like to get it entered before the price goes up.

1 person has thanked this post
robinph Moderator

rainbow kirby said:
A reminder: If anyone is interested in putting a relay team from here together, give me a shout. If it's going to happen, would like to get it entered before the price goes up.

The relay is great fun. You get to run in a big event, but also get to watch it as well so best of both worlds. You are also a bit fresher at the end of it for the drinking that follows.

2 people have thanked this post
TFBubendorfer Moderator

alitoast said:

Despite some claims to the opposite, Cork is a bit easier than Dublin as far as the elevation profile goes. You do get a lot more support from the sidelines in Dublin, though.

Having said that, there's not much difference. If you can do the one you can do the other.

sideswipe Registered User

TFBubendorfer said:
Despite some claims to the opposite, Cork is a bit easier than Dublin as far as the elevation profile goes. You do get a lot more support from the sidelines in Dublin, though.

Having said that, there's not much difference. If you can do the one you can do the other.

+1

the biggest difference is potentially the weather, last year was near perfect in Cork- previous years have varied between very warm (personally find running in hot weather hard going) to very wet, but it's all luck of the draw i guess.

Conor74 Registered User

BobMac104 said:
A reminder to sign up before the end of next week as the price goes up from 65 to 75 then.

Thanks. You saved me a tenner. You're also kinda to blame for the 15 mile lsr I'll have to face into today...

1 person has thanked this post
BobMac104 Registered User

BobMac104 said:

Thanks. You saved me a tenner. You're also kinda to blame for the 15 mile lsr I'll have to face into today...

Mine is tomorrow and i can feel a slogfest coming...

nellocono Registered User

Going to slog it out for 15 today myself. Have raced 3 of the last 10 mile races at about 7.50 pace so hoping the jump to 15 miles at 9.30 pace wont be too much of a shock to the system...

Still not decided on if im doing the half marathon or full yet, but I think I am going to have a good idea in the next 2-3 hours

fowler1 Registered User

Doing the half myself ,stepped up the training today with 16.
Hoping to break 78 looking forward to it now.

Conor74 Registered User

nellocono said:
Going to slog it out for 15 today myself. Have raced 3 of the last 10 mile races at about 7.50 pace so hoping the jump to 15 miles at 9.30 pace wont be too much of a shock to the system...

Still not decided on if im doing the half marathon or full yet, but I think I am going to have a good idea in the next 2-3 hours

Did 15 at 9 pace. Didn't have too much in the tank by the end.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!