Jimmy Iovine Registered User

timesnap said:
Sky News showing Romney's HQ celebrating already.
projected percentage 36%.
anybody know off hand how many NH winners from either party have secured the nomination?

9 from 16 for Democrats.

13 from 18 for Republicans.

A lot of both of them were unopposed.

Shamelessly robbed from Wikipedia. Not off my own hand.

1 person has thanked this post

Suryavarman said:
Since 1972 anybody from either party that has won NH and Iowa has gone on to win the nomination. Bill Clinton and George McGovern are the only two to win the nomination without winning both.

Cheers Suryavarman and great knowledge there by you.

i cannot use the thanks option until 25 posts but wanted to know i appreciated the reply.

spagboll said:
NH got it right for the nomination 6 out of the past 8 times

TY

Jimmy Iovine said:
9 from 16 for Democrats.

13 from 18 for Republicans.

A lot of both of them were unopposed.

Shamelessly robbed from Wikipedia. Not off my own hand.

TY

i absolutely hate Mitt Romney

6 people have thanked this post
Suryavarman Registered User

timesnap said:
Cheers Suryavarman and great knowledge there by you.

i cannot use the thanks option until 25 posts but wanted to know i appreciated the reply.

No problem. It's also worth noting that South Carolina has got the Republican nomination right every time since 1980.

kmart6 Registered User

Jimmy Iovine said:

I know. I was hoping for another game. I won €20 the last week. Was delighted with myself.

Too boring now so I won't be watching!

BBC news about to show RP speech

spagboll said:

oh wait they just need to catch up with all the weather news

spagboll said:

CNN have his headquarters live here:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html?stream=stream1

Pity it's a pop out window

Ron Paul will never be president but he has started a movement that will get a man into the white house in the next 20 years

spagboll said:
Ron Paul will never be president but he has started a movement that will get a man into the white house in the next 20 years

It's like the movement that helped get Goldwater nominated in 1964. As far as I am aware that was made up of a lot of young people and helped get Reagan the nomination and elected in 1980. Goldwater also helped change the direction of the Republican party back towards a small government position.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rand get the nomination if Obama gets back in this year.

The battle between Vermin and Cowan for second place is almost as exciting as Romeny/Santorum last week. Come on Vermin, you can do it my son.

337 - 323 in favour of Cowan at the moment.

kmart6 Registered User

Jimmy Iovine said:
The battle between Vermin and Cowan for second place is almost as exciting as Romeny/Santorum last week. Come on Vermin, you can do it my son.

337 - 323 in favour of Cowan at the moment.

So it begins....

kmart6 said:
So it begins....

Oh god no, please. I'm going to bed now. Cowan has a 24 vote lead over my man. Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow Vermin Supreme will be announced as having come second to Obama in an election. That would make my week .

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!