Jordannoah Registered User

fissection@welfare.ie

They answered pretty quickly aswell

This is the reply I got from them on the 10th December

Form ok. It will be treated as a new application from Sept. However there is a backlog in this section and it is intended that all of the claims in the backlog will be cleared by April 2013 at the latest.

Regards

FIS Section

1 person has thanked this post
Lollydolly12 Registered User

whats killing me is waiting patiently, but not actually noin if i will get it

mattsd2012 Registered User

Lollydolly12 said:
whats killing me is waiting patiently, but not actually noin if i will get it

Did you got to your CWO to get supplement while your waiting????

I'm recieving it at the moment so I guess that means I'm entitled to it and they will deduct it from any back pay I'm due

mattsd2012 said:
Did you got to your CWO to get supplement while your waiting????

I'm recieving it at the moment so I guess that means I'm entitled to it and they will deduct it from any back pay I'm due

no i didnt go, i no i should really but im holdin out hope that its only goin to be another short while and ive gottin this far lol...

ya c it doesnt say anything on the website about being on the min wage to get it but as im second year trainee im on trainee wage not min wage and i dont no if this will cause a problem

wmpdd3 Registered User

It doesnt matter that your not on minimum wage. As long as you are working 20 hrs per week and earn less than €505 per week for one child.

I was refused the first time as my hours had changed 5 months before I was assessed. Instead of accepting my new wage, they used an average of the previous 42 weeks wages. This, coupled with my partners payment was to high for a FIS payment.

wmpdd3 said:
It doesnt matter that your not on minimum wage. As long as you are working 20 hrs per week and earn less than €505 per week for one child.

I was refused the first time as my hours had changed 5 months before I was assessed. Instead of accepting my new wage, they used an average of the previous 42 weeks wages. This, coupled with my partners payment was to high for a FIS payment.

i work 19 on a low wage, one child and struggling lol..as is everyone eh..

ive been worrying non stop that that would affect me tho

mattsd2012 Registered User

Lollydolly12 said:
no i didnt go, i no i should really but im holdin out hope that its only goin to be another short while and ive gottin this far lol...

ya c it doesnt say anything on the website about being on the min wage to get it but as im second year trainee im on trainee wage not min wage and i dont no if this will cause a problem

I would just go see them anyway no point holding out if u are struggling like I am..... for every week that goes by your putting yourself under more pressure at least if cwo can help they will.....

Kevint30 Registered User

Lollydolly12 said:

I may be in the same position as you Lollydolly. Im under a training contract for 3.5 years, this being my first year. I am earning less than minimum wage and just hope it doesnt affect my entitlements.

FIS Guest

Being on less than min wage won't effect the claim but DSP will contact NERA who will investigate the employer, to insure all is above board.

Kevint30 Registered User

FIS said:
Being on less than min wage won't effect the claim but DSP will contact NERA who will investigate the employer, to insure all is above board.

Thanks. Are you a FIS representative?

FIS Guest

Kevint30 said:

No

Carkel Registered User

New Applications have any of you been paid or awarded payment since beginning jan

Carkel said:
New Applications have any of you been paid or awarded payment since beginning jan

nothing as of yet, date: august 9th 2012

SCOOP 64 Registered User

Lollydolly12 said:
nothing as of yet, date: august 9th 2012

by the time you get it ,you will have to put a new claim for next years!
start all over again!

Kevint30 said:

Kevint30 said:
I may be in the same position as you Lollydolly. Im under a training contract for 3.5 years, this being my first year. I am earning less than minimum wage and just hope it doesnt affect my entitlements.

I just hope this nera crowd wont jeopardise my job as in im getting paid what im supposed to for the stage im at but i dont no how my boss will feel about having them "investigate" will the boss think im causing problems..?

all i want is my job and my fis lol

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!