BengaLover Registered User

I have looked around the sites that sell these and can find no reason not to be able to sell one of these:http://nextivityinc.com/
I have been using for a while but dont need it anymore. edited to add, i bought it used and it needs no contract etc and is ok for any network.

foggy_lad Banned

BengaLover said:
I have looked around the sites that sell these and can find no reason not to be able to sell one of these:http://nextivityinc.com/
I have been using for a while but dont need it anymore. edited to add, i bought it used and it needs no contract etc and is ok for any network.

If it does anything bar receive a mobile signal then it is not allowed AFAIK, signal boosters are subject to operator licensing.

After reading a bit more it looks like these are repeaters which are only licensed for use and distribution by network operators in Ireland

It receives the signal in the area the phone is in as far as i know. I dont have a clue about this really, only cant find any sites that say resale is prohibited. Its not licensed by and particular operator tho.
Its called a Cel Fi celllar indoor coverage solution if that helps.

foggy_lad Banned

BengaLover said:
It receives the signal in the area the phone is in as far as i know. I dont have a clue about this really, only cant find any sites that say resale is prohibited. Its not licensed by and particular operator tho.
Its called a Cel Fi celllar indoor coverage solution if that helps.

afaik it is the same as the equipment that the three nertwork were giving to people who had issues with their National Broadband Scheme.

It cant be because i am with three mobile broadband AND phone and if that was the case i would get coverage in more than one room (which I dont)...

Spocker Buying the internet, one box at a time

Foggy is correct here; those particular devices require a licence, which can only be obtained by the various network operators - it's one of those items that fall into the "not illegal to own but are illegal to sell" category

HTH

Spocker

1 person has thanked this post

foggy_lad said:
afaik it is the same as the equipment that the three nertwork were giving to people who had issues with their National Broadband Scheme.

This is correct; Hutchinson/3 have a licence to distribute these items

Right so..Thanks for the replies.

Back again.. Can I post it as a free item? Its of no use to me anymore but someone could really make use of it. none of my friends or family need it.

Sorry Benga, the rule would still apply whether it's free or not

It cant be illegal to give it away surely..? Where would I find out?

BengaLover said:
It cant be illegal to give it away surely..? Where would I find out?

It would actually, if it wasn't people could give away alcohol, or medicines for free too. It's just one of the items we don't allow on Adverts, free or not

Now that makes sense..
(Finally lol..)

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!