Marthastew Registered User

littlebug said:
Good luck Marthastew. If I see you speedy ultras flying past me I'll give you a shout

I won't be doing any flying I'd say but the forecast is good so we should all have a great day, fingers crossed and very best of luck to you too

Cutex Registered User

Good Luck on Sunday!

Can't believe you had that nasty fall and just bounced back up again to get on with training You're some woman!

1 person has thanked this post
Aimman Registered User

Good luck on Sunday, see you at the start line.

Dory Dory Registered User

Good luck on Sunday! I hope you stay germ-free till then!!!!

jcsmum Registered User

Best of luck, no doubt you'll have a great race report.

Saturday March 31st
4 easy miles

This time 9 years ago I had just successfully completed another type of endurance event; the birth of my third son
So today is quite naturally all about him. He's the speedy one so he was delighted to take his brand new birthday asics for a test drive with Mr Stew and I for our loosen the legs jaunt around Connemara. We were blessed with fantastic scenery and perfect conditions which are set to last through tomorrow.
Proclaiming his new asics to be very bouncy he told us that in 9 years time he'd be able to join us in the Connemarathon.
I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring and I go from being extremely calm to very nervous but so far we've had a super time here out West.
I'm sure tomorrow will be amazing. To top it all off we just collected our numbers, my favourite number is 3 (yes, I'm that kind of superstitious person) and my race number for tomorrow is.....

4 people have thanked this post
Younganne Registered User

Marthastew said:
Let the madness begin!!

Should that not be Let the madness end

Delighted to hear there was no problem after your fall.

Best of luck tomorrow to you and Mr Stew...i hope it all goes better than planned for you both!!

Looking forward to reading the Race report next week! i think you should compile a book with lots of Race reports!!

Great peformance today.
5:49 with the last two miles being the fastest, 6th lady I think.

Izoard Registered User

MS- unbelieveable time - particularly for someone who was chit chatting (including some French banter...) the whole way around (or at least until yourself and CL put the hammer down at Leenane).

To run that stong for the final 3rd was an awesome run....

Brilliant Marthastew!
I think I saw yourself and CL flying up to the finish line.... ( at least the times match so I'll assume it was you) but holy moly you two are running godesses! 39. 3 miles and there you are with a sprint finishes and HUGE smiles absolutely fantastic!

Dory Dory Registered User

Awesome day for you!! Once again you and CL tag-team the applause....so happy for you. You truly do rock in every respect!

Brilliant stuff and you looked in flying form. Sorry if we scared the crap out of you roaring you on at the finishing chute . Hope the hangover isn't too bad!

jcsmum Registered User

Well done O, amazing time.

jcsmum said:
Well done O, amazing time.

Thanks a million, I'm still on a high

Delighted to see your training is going so well.

racheljev Registered User

Well done you! Fantastic time. Fair play to you. What's next on the list?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!