tvc15 Registered User

Penn's Sunday school, loved his nerdier podcast so I was happy he came out with his own

Other than that, Adam Carrolla and Neil Degrass Tyson fill my long commutes

sturner10 Registered User

The last one I listened to was Ricky Gervais, Steve Merchant and Karl Pilkington Podcasts...the funniest thing I have ever listened to - actually had to take my headphones out of my iPod in a shop as I was getting funny looks uncontrollably laughing to myself.

1 person has thanked this post
tipplad92 Registered User

The Ricky Gervais show podcasts are one of the funniest things ever!!!!
Karl Pilkington is a genius haha

jcf Banned

+1 on the Ricky Gervais/Pilkington podcasts - hilarious, you should also check out the XFM archives .... even better.

Rael Registered User

Jay and Silent Bob Get old & Smodcast. I really loved the episode where they revealed a darker side to Mr. Scott and what goes down in the engine room of the Enterprise

The Black Oil Registered User

BBC Radio 4 Friday Night Comedy. Andrew Maxwell was on this, thought he was OK...maybe a little overexcited.

Penn Registered User

Been listening to a few Nerdist and WTF pods I'd downloaded but hadn't gotten around to listening to. Finished Marc Maron on Nerdist this morning and currently on Tenacious D on Nerdist

Jako8 Registered User

A lot of The Indoor Kids.

That's a good video game one, Penn. It's part of the Nerdist podcast channel.

tinner777 Registered User

Diabhal Beag said:
Jim Jeffries podcast he does with some awful comedian and a homeless guy. Good for a laugh if you have a dark sense of humor.

talkin **** with eddy ifft and jim,

sometimes as good as gervais, sometimes dire, always funny

Dr.Winston O'Boogie Registered User

jcf said:
+1 on the Ricky Gervais/Pilkington podcasts - hilarious, you should also check out the XFM archives .... even better.

Any non itunes links for all of these? Can't seem to kind the Pilkington ones.

Penn Registered User

niallo24 said:
Any non itunes links for all of these? Can't seem to kind the Pilkington ones.

They used to be on pilkipedia.co.uk (Karl Pilkington fan site), but they were taken down. Not sure where you can get them now.

I just listened to the "DIY" episode of This American Life, the one about Colin Warner who served 21 years in prison for a murder he had nothing to do with. Best thing I've ever heard, very powerful and forcefully moving. Like the "Dear Zachary" of podcasts - definitely recommend that episode and of course This American Life in general.

ratsam Registered User

Have a listen to Stuff You Should Know from Howstuffworks.com...! Very interesting stuff on there if you you like that kinda thing.

Also if into photography This Week In Photo is great..!

Rats

Penn Registered User

Listened to The Nerdist yesterday where Chris interviewed his father Billy Hardwick on account of it being Father's Day. Actually a really great episode. Billy was very funny and had some great stories. Well worth a listen.

Penn Registered User

Started listening to one a friend recommended called "We Hate Movies", where they pick really bad movies and discuss them in a review/synopsis kind of way but just generally making fun of it. Listened to older episodes like Star Wars Phantom Menace and Superman 3&4. Really enjoyable and pretty funny. Can't imagine listening to it every week as I guess it would depend on if you'd seen the movie being discussed or not, but worth checking out

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!