#16

sunflowerRo said:
Jeez Shaz, I could barely keep up with yez on Sunday. Please don't ditch me


no fear, you can't get rid of us that easy! See you Sunday morn?

sunflowerRo Registered User
#17

shazkea said:
no fear, you can't get rid of us that easy! See you Sunday morn?


For sure. I'll be there with bells on

1 person has thanked this post
sunflowerRo Registered User
#18

Wednesday 11th Jan
5 miles
8:40 min/mile
I have normal legs again!!! Yippee. Hope they last. Usual run home from work with the schoolbag again. There was quite a strong breeze against me down the canal as always that I dont benefit from ever as I run in the one direction . Finished hard though so was pleased with that.

Nules10 Registered User
#19

sunflowerRo said:
Wednesday 11th Jan
5 miles
8:40 min/mile
I have normal legs again!!! Yippee. Hope they last. Usual run home from work with the schoolbag again. There was quite a strong breeze against me down the canal as always that I dont benefit from ever as I run in the one direction . Finished hard though so was pleased with that.


Nice running ro and with a bag on you back

1 person has thanked this post
jcsmum Registered User
#20

Yeah nice running indeed.

1 person has thanked this post
#21

shazkea said:
Good stuff and welcome to the logs . As Nules says "about time"... Best of luck with it and the goals for 2012


+1 Best of luck with the log and the goals - are you going to divulge what they may be?

A few nice runs this week too. I find it so handy combining the commute to or from work with a run. Especially at this time of year when all you want to is curl up on the couch after work.

sunflowerRo Registered User
#22

shazkea said:
Good stuff and welcome to the logs . As Nules says "about time"... Best of luck with it and the goals for 2012


+1 Best of luck with the log and the goals - are you going to divulge what they may be?

A few nice runs this week too. I find it so handy combining the commute to or from work with a run. Especially at this time of year when all you want to is curl up on the couch after work.


Thanks claralara. Yeah I would struggle to head back out on winters night if I didn't run home from work. Do you run with a bag of work clothes? How do you find that part?

sunflowerRo Registered User
#23

Thursday 12th
4.6 miles
8:58 min/mile
Really glad I got out for this run. Legs were weary from standing all day in the RDS but the run shook them up and enjoyed the crisp evening air. On a bad note the laptop has a big dirty virus and has wiped everything. Wont be able to get my pace until I get a new computer. So raging
I have the iPhone though so hopefully ill get to keep reading all your logs (and the odd sneaky look when I'm in work too).

sunflowerRo Registered User
#24

Saturday 14th Jan
14.05 miles
2hr10:22
9:17min/mile

Met with the gang at 9 and did 6 miles by the time we were back at the car. Then we went to Farmleigh which was great coz with all the hours in the Park, I'd never seen Farmleigh. Myself and pistol said goodbye to the rest and ran up and down Acres to make the 14. I then got a tutorial from Pistol on how to use my Garmin. Can't believe I can tell avg speed without hooking up to the computer. Will make keeping this log a lot easier.
Was great having the chats with people I haven't spoken to on the runs before. Makes the time fly.
Now hopefully legs will be alright for the morning!

sunflowerRo Registered User
#25

Sunday 15th Jan
11.07 miles
1hr 42:29
9:16 min/mile

Got 5.5 miles in before I met the gang. Then myself, aimman, chinguetti, digijem and jcsmum headed off in a straight line, not a breeze of a plan . Made our way around the north road and then I was escorted back to the car despite my efforts to ditch the rest of them . Really enjoyed this run. Legs were tired enough from yesterday but I kept reminding myself that if digijem could manage 24 yesterday and come out today well then I had to toughen up!

This was my world record for amount of miles in a week so delighted about that.

1 person has thanked this post
Younganne Registered User
#26

Sunflower Ro that's some mileage you are clocking up..Are you training for something specific or just enjoying the running at the moment??

sunflowerRo Registered User
#27

Younganne said:
Sunflower Ro that's some mileage you are clocking up..Are you training for something specific or just enjoying the running at the moment??

Hi Anne, ya know I'm just enjoying the running. Theres a few half notions to run races in the back of my head but nothing screaming at me to do. Good to see yourself back in the swing of it.

1 person has thanked this post
sunflowerRo Registered User
#28

Tuesday 17th
8.05 miles
8:50 min/mile
Only planned on having a recovery run home but really enjoyed this so ran up and down the canal a few times. First time in ages the water was completely still in the canal and it was quite mild too (not the water, the surrounding air). Really can't wait for the bright evenings now. Must check when the hour changes

sunflowerRo Registered User
#29

Wednesday 18th
8.00
1hr14:22
9:18 min/mile
Broke my ass trying to get out of work before dark so I could get a run in the park. It's been months since I've had a mid week run up there. When the dark eventually hit I was on Chesterfield but it was still really hard to see the potholes before I'd fallen down them! Pace actually felt faster but happy enough with that.

#30

Good luck with the log and don't let anyone talk you into being a kilometre splitter

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!