Mycroft H Registered User
#1,621

Owen said:
Really undecided. Half of me says get something manageable, I'm closing up the painting business due to Ireland being a damp sponge permenantly, so I could get something 1 litrery that sips fuel. Other half of me says get something interesting to drive and tax it for a year and just enjoy it. Had looked into Preludes, always had a soft spot for those, and there's a nice one Cork, the final model shape, seems in decent nick and has a test until December.

Was also thinking T Bar MR2, but I gig at weekends, so I can't get gear into one of those.

I'm actually going to go tyre kicking this weekend. Only requirement I have is that the dash must be double-din for my satnav head unit. Will be weird to go around looking at cars rather than fixing them.

V8 - check
Tax - check
NCT - check

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3107946

I have no idea what a double DIN thing is

EDIT:

205Gti?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3107571

A nicer looking 1.6 205

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2791089

5 people have thanked this post
unkel Category Moderator
#1,622

Owen said:
Other half of me says get something interesting to drive and tax it for a year and just enjoy it.

I like that other half of yours

C'mon buy a car for 1k and tax it for up to that again and then don't worry, just enjoy

1 person has thanked this post
Owen Registered User
#1,623

Actually now that I think of it, 4 requirements! Doh. Double Din for the stereo, aircon, sunroof and heated seats. Gotten way too used to heated seats in the last 3 cars. I'm amazed I don't have piles.

RoverJames Banned
#1,624

Owen said:
............ I'm closing up the painting business ...........

Sorry to hear that, your work looked incredibly tasty in the pics you and others posted.

About the cars, air con and a sunroof can be a rarity, was never a huge sunroof dude tbh.

2 people have thanked this post
unkel Category Moderator
#1,625

I used to like sunroofs, but with modern aircon, they're a bit obsolete, no?

And as for heated seats - really? In our very mild climate?

Owen Registered User
#1,626

God yes. Heated seats are fantastic. I've lived with them permenantly on for the last few years.

colm_mcm Registered User
#1,627

I love having a sunroof, makes the interior way airier

3 people have thanked this post
unkel Category Moderator
#1,628

Owen said:
God yes. Heated seats are fantastic. I've lived with them permenantly on for the last few years.

LOL, are you using the heated seats as birth control? No sperm could survive that kinda heat

Mycroft H Registered User
#1,629

colm_mcm said:
I love having a sunroof, makes the interior way airier

That's until they fecking leak spilling water on your head going round a corner. Or maybe im just unlucky

colm_mcm Registered User
#1,630

My fiat, Toyota, fto and jag all had sunroofs, only the fiat one did what you described.

Limerick man Registered User
#1,631

Happened me in the e30, hit the brakes hard and the water came off the roof and down the gap in my shirt.

colm_mcm Registered User
#1,632

On the fiat, if you used the windscreen washer with the roof open you'd get soaked

Esel Not your ornery onager
#1,633

Owen said:
Ya feckin' mad yoke ya!

Shur any daycent taxi driver will tell ya dat dem tings use more peterdil dan having your dipped headlights on when one sidelight will do.... Handy for dryin' de seat doh

CharlieCroker Registered User
#1,634

Any pics of the Smart, Eoin? I'd heard of it but I've never seen it around.

1 person has thanked this post
Mohandas Banned
#1,635

Limerick man said:
Happened me in the e30, hit the brakes hard and the water came off the roof and down the gap in my shirt.

I hope your medallion did not go rusty

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!