Disko biscuits Registered User

Will be starting this course this week and was just wondering has anyone else done it?

And what are the chances of getting kept on after work exp with a big company if I got it there?

unnameduser Registered User

Doubtful

It should be seen as a stepping stone to more training

However if you are someone who had lots of experience and impresses the company then who knows what might happen.

Good luck

Cuddlesworth Registered User

unnameduser said:
Doubtful

It should be seen as a stepping stone to more training

However if you are someone who had lots of experience and impresses the company then who knows what might happen.

Good luck

All true.

A+ is a basic cert which implies you have a rough knowledge of a personal computer and how it works. Won't get you the job, but might get you past HR for a basic phone support role.

Nabber Registered User

Comptia is a good stepping stone. Attitude will get you jobs from work exp. Passing exams is a good way of showing knowledge interest and commitment.

Virtual Registered User

I am currently studying for this exam as well, I found a few books on Amazon Kindle and also 2 interactive apps on the iPad which allow me to do some tests which is a +. I am wondering if anybody has any up to date questions that I can try. Thank you.

asgaard Registered User

Is it worth anything to do it online (FAS course), cuz of price which would be lower than daytime or evening course and is it hard to understand if i would like to do online? Always i prefer to do evening courses by then online.

1 person has thanked this post

asgaard said:
Is it worth anything to do it online (FAS course), cuz of price which would be lower than daytime or evening course and is it hard to understand if i would like to do online? Always i prefer to do evening courses by then online.

I'm not sure what is is your trying to ask?

asgaard Registered User

Cuddlesworth said:
I'm not sure what is is your trying to ask?

I mean is it easy to do ComptiA A+ course online and what will i need it (any books). Is it big difference between online and daytime/evening? I always prefer daytime/evening courses, so have no experience with online courses? The exam would be the same as in evening course?

asgaard said:
I mean is it easy to do ComptiA A+ course online and what will i need it (any books).

Its a pretty easy course on the scale of things. If online training is provided, I'm sure it contains all the relevant data.

asgaard said:
Is it big difference between online and daytime/evening? I always prefer daytime/evening courses, so have no experience with online courses?

Its a pretty big test as to how motivated you are to complete the course.

asgaard said:
The exam would be the same as in evening course?

Always.

asgaard Registered User

Cuddlesworth said:
Its a pretty easy course on the scale of things. If online training is provided, I'm sure it contains all the relevant data.

If i get a chance to start online course from FAS will they provided any materials?

Btw.
Is it the real one ComptiA A+ course from FAS http://jobseeker.fas.ie/Default.aspx?q=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

Thanks in advance
One more: which course would You suggest for me? I've already have ECDL and will start java programming, soon hopefuly.

asgaard said:
If i get a chance to start online course from FAS will they provided any materials?

If its a on-line course its unlikely you will receive a physical book, most likely it will be a pdf and training videos. But since this is Fas, so you won't know till you ask them.

20 Weeks? What a waste. Either way, if it says you get certified its the right course I suppose. Your local FAS centre should be in a better position to answer these questions.

asgaard said:
Thanks in advance
One more: which course would You suggest for me? I've already have ECDL and will start java programming, soon hopefuly.

ECDL is not a IT cert, its a "I can use basic functions on a computer cert". Java programming is a whole different ballgame to IT support which is the path A+ would lead you down. I suppose the real question is what do you want to work at?

1 person has thanked this post
asgaard Registered User

Which would be better-java programming or A+ ? I'm really interested in laptop/desktop hardware and all issues.

Support then. A+, N+ etc. A good start but it gets old soon.

asgaard Registered User

Cuddlesworth said:
Support then. A+, N+ etc. A good start but it gets old soon.

When does it gets old? Do You know what's the latest java programming version (on courses) would it be, cuz i heard that it will come v.6 on May?

asgaard said:
When does it gets old?

When nothing is a challenge any more.

asgaard said:
Do You know what's the latest java programming version (on courses) would it be, cuz i heard that it will come v.6 on May?

No idea, I'm not a programmer.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!