awec NUCIFORA OUT

18AD said:
Are you serious? *Shattered dreams* Everyone keeps saying they're the business.

I consider myself a kebab connoisseur and Zaytoon are not good.

1 person has thanked this post
18AD Registered User

I'll heed your warning and take the necessary culinary precautions before sampling their food. I'll numb my palate and reconstruct my own visually stimulating kebab from their source material.

Sauve Registered User

Kebab connoisseur eh?
Where do you stand on felafel kebabs smothered in chilli sauce?
This is important.

awec NUCIFORA OUT

Sauvignon82 said:
Kebab connoisseur eh?
This is important.

If it ain't donor meat it's not worth talking about.

Daisies Moderator

Sauvignon82 said:
Kebab connoisseur eh?
This is important.

Don't forget about the 3-in-1

awec said:

The problem Ive always had with donor meat is that Im not sure what animal it has been donated from.

2 people have thanked this post
Sauve Registered User

awec said:

I may as well tell you now before it gets awkward.
We will never be friends.

awec NUCIFORA OUT

Otis Driftwood said:
The problem Ive always had with donor meat is that Im not sure what animal it has been donated from.

Processed elephant hoof.

And it's tasty!

Sauvignon82 said:
I may as well tell you now before it gets awkward.
We will never be friends.

Now now, never say never. If I introduced you to the delight that is kebab sauce your mind would be blown.

Sauve Registered User

I know all about kebab sauce - it's the lack of felafel appreciation around here that really hurts

Daisies Moderator

Sauvignon82 said:
I know all about kebab sauce - it's the lack of felafel appreciation around here that really hurts

I love falafel. Yum yum, well I love good falafel

awec NUCIFORA OUT

Sauvignon82 said:

Do you know about northern kebab sauce? A totally different substance to the stuff you get down here, twice as tasty!

Surely you appreciate the merits of donor meat?

Sauve Registered User

awec said:
Do you know about northern kebab sauce? A totally different substance to the stuff you get down here, twice as tasty!

Surely you appreciate the merits of donor meat?

Oh yeah, love the donor meat, as long as it's decent quality.
What is this sauce you speak of? I am intrigued

Pembily Registered User

I personally think Zaytoon is the business I now want a good falafel from Charcoal Grill though - damn you Sauv!

awec NUCIFORA OUT

Sauvignon82 said:
Oh yeah, love the donor meat, as long as it's decent quality.
What is this sauce you speak of? I am intrigued

Up there kebab sauce is a yellowy colour and quite thick. The ingredients are totally secret and it tastes like nothing else in this world so it's hard to compare. Take it from me though, it is absolutely awesome.

I ordered a kebab on chips down here the other week. There was multiple issues with this:

1. The concept of kebab meat on chips was totally alien to the woman behind the counter. Cue me, in a drunken state, trying to explain whilst at the same time being totally amazed at the fact kebab on chips is not available.

2. She was going to give me kebab in a pita and then a portion of chips. Go away.

3. The kebab sauce on the stupid little kebab in pita I eventually did get was some white mayo-like crap. Pure rubbish.

When I lived in Sydney there was a turkish restaurant just down the road. One of the things they made was turkish bread, fresh every day. I remember going down there one day and he was literally taking them out of the oven as I walked in and packaged one up for me when I ordered one, can't get much fresher than that.

Anyway they used to do kebabs on turkish bread if you asked for them that way. They were gorgeous and perfect to appease a hangover.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!