hardCopy Registered User
#391

Had a great brick session on Saturday. 18.5K spin over Howth, 5K trail run up the cliff walk and then another 28.5K back over the steep side of the hill and out to Portmarnock.

I'm only managing one spin a week at the moment but have noticed that the increased running is having a beneficial effect on my cycling.

Shell to Run Registered User
#392

A review of last week looks something like swimming – poor week, cycling – dismal week and running wise - excellent week. I will eventually get all three balanced. Had hoped to do club duathlon Saturday but had a work party which I had to attend so unfortunately I’m still in darkness regarding my race fitness.
Objectives this week:
1. Three swims
2. Cycle 100 miles (accumulated)
3. Massage

big mce Registered User
#393

Went over on ankle this morning while running, spent 5 hours in casualty, on crutches now, no running/cycling for at least a month, absolutely gutted!!!

Oryx Registered User
#394

big mce said:
Went over on ankle this morning while running, spent 5 hours in casualty, on crutches now, no running/cycling for a month, absolutely gutted!!!
Ah Jesus thats awful. So Sorry. Hope you heal quickly.

1 person has thanked this post
shotgunmcos Registered User
#395

big mce said:
Went over on ankle this morning while running, spent 5 hours in casualty, on crutches now, no running/cycling for at least a month, absolutely gutted!!!


Crap, sorry to hear. Best of wishes on the recovery.

1 person has thanked this post
shotgunmcos Registered User
#396

@Fazz, been watching.. 4.5 - 5k+ swim sets

With the work you are putting down, I reckon its you that will have a target on your back for me to chase in some race or other

Dory, when is your pool opening again?!

Fazz Registered User
#397

shotgunmcos said:
@Fazz, been watching.. 4.5 - 5k+ swim sets

With the work you are putting down, I reckon its you that will have a target on your back for me to chase in some race or other

Dory, when is your pool opening again?!


Haven't reached the 5k mark but yes, average is 4.5k over a session.
Once you get into habit it becomes the norm.

Regarding performance, I'm not gonna kid myself I'm no front pack swimmer, but with the work hoping to be in chase pack now instead of miles back!

To put into perspective - Athy last year my Olympic swim was 30:xx mins so that's the level I'm coming from.
Oh and my 100 is still low 1:20's so you've around 10 seconds on me there alone!!!
Much work needed!

Fazz Registered User
#398

Ps everyone get up and get out there!
Epic training weather outside.
Green 2 here I come...

Fazz Registered User
#399

Fazz said:
Ps everyone get up and get out there!
Epic training weather outside.
Green 2 here I come...


And first puncture on the road to greet me too
Had gone into a hole before I even knew it so just a pinch flat thankfully. Few mins later on the road again.

Smashing day for a brick.

BTH Moderator
#400

Massive visit to PB town today. Smashed my 10k time. Full report if I get a chance later today. Delighted.

6 people have thanked this post
Bambaata Registered User
#401

Sorry to hear that big mce!!

Well done BTH. And Fazz, slow down would you ;-) 4.5k swim sets!!!

2 people have thanked this post
Fazz Registered User
#402

BetterThanHoyte said:
Massive visit to PB town today. Smashed my 10k time. Full report if I get a chance later today. Delighted.


Was there a 10km race on or in training?
Excellent but you can't leave us hanging with no time

@Bambaata - I can't honestly, I've got more time improvements to make up than you guys as you can see!

7 weeks to Race 1 thankfully... should go fast!

1 person has thanked this post
RacoonQueen Moderator
#403

Fazz said:
Was there a 10km race on or in training?
Excellent but you can't leave us hanging with no time


http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056574465

Not even a podium finish? pffft...how dare you sully Bambatta's 2nd place triumph with your loser placing.

1 person has thanked this post
BTH Moderator
#404

RacoonQueen said:
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056574465

Not even a podium finish? pffft...how dare you sully Bambatta's 2nd place triumph with your loser placing.


I know. I'm ashamed of myself.

jackyback Registered User
#405

I can see Fazz and BTH pushing the IM boyos this year with the mileage you lads are putting in

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!