chatjunkie Registered User
#1

Hi guys,
Have any of you ever bought from the KAren Millen Ireland website? It's much cheaper than the uk one but the original pricing seems funny. Also when you google reviews of it, there are none..am tempted to chance something and if it works then Karen millen Ireland here I come!!!

Valentina Registered User
#2

It's a fake website. Don't waste your money.

1 person has thanked this post
chatjunkie Registered User
#3

Thanks for the prompt reply. Can I ask if the clothes are fake KAren MIllen or if they just take your money and send you nothing?

Valentina Registered User
#4

chatjunkie said:
Thanks for the prompt reply. Can I ask if the clothes are fake KAren MIllen or if they just take your money and send you nothing?


I don't know, but I would imagine that given that the website is registered in China with a gmail contact address, the goods are fake.

If you decide to go ahead and purchase something there's a chance that

A - the clothes will be very poor quality and not worth the money
B - they will just take your money and not send on the goods
C - the goods will be intercepted by customs (as fakes) and you won't receive anything

chatjunkie Registered User
#5

Will give it a miss so and just keep an eye on the real sale... Just shows, if it looks too good to be true,it is!

dudara Administrator
#6

Always click on the Contact Us link and see what's offered. If they don't give a physical address or a proper email (ie not gmalil, hotmail) then don't touch the website.

Some digging on whois records for the domain name and I find the following - The name and address suggest China to me.


Creation Date
09/18/2011

Updated Date
09/18/2011

Expiration Date
09/18/2012

Registrant
Lily Rose
Wuyi Road
Telephone: +86.59188774859
Fax: :
Email:

chatjunkie Registered User
#7

dudara said:
Always click on the Contact Us link and see what's offered. If they don't give a physical address or a proper email (ie not gmalil, hotmail) then don't touch the website.


Great advice! Good to know! Am a sucker for a bargain...

bellieella Registered User
#8

I ordered from one of these cheaper Karen millen
Websites recently and received my dress in over a week
The dress was fab, looks the same to me anyway, if it is a fake it's a very good one
And at the end of the day we all like something half price

I would suggest that you always pay by PayPal
As there seems to be more security for you and your card :-))

dudara Administrator
#9

bellieela Buying from counterfeit websites is never to be recommended. Besides the counterfeit aspect, you could be leaving your credit card and personal information open to fraud.

dudara

3 people have thanked this post
bellieella Registered User
#10

Dudara

I am giving my own personal experience
In the quote regarding the dress that I received !!

PayPal was suggested as a payment method
Are they not safe ?????

Alexh Registered User
#11

I was also thinking about buying from them as something I have been looking for is there but sold out here. Are you sure it's fake?

Twee. Moderator
#12

Alexh said:
I was also thinking about buying from them as something I have been looking for is there but sold out here. Are you sure it's fake?



Of course it's fake. You can only buy KM on their official website, stand alone stores or concessions like Brown Thomas. You can also find genuine pieces on ebay.

If it looks too good to be true, well it is. Look at the news section on Karen Millen Ireland, you can barely make it out the English is so bad. http://www.karenmillen-ireland.com/news/ Definitely not something a brand like KM would have on their official website.

Save yourself the hassle and buy from a guaranteed seller. You won't get fakes, you won't get scammed. If your dress is out of stock see if a store can order it for you.

Delsar Registered User
#13

Oh no I think I made a huge mistake! I bought a coat on the karen millen ireland website 2 weeks ago. Have tried to contact them but to no avail. The transaction is showing on my credit card but no package and no tracking number received. Anything I can do??

Pythia Registered User
#14

Delsar said:
Oh no I think I made a huge mistake! I bought a coat on the karen millen ireland website 2 weeks ago. Have tried to contact them but to no avail. The transaction is showing on my credit card but no package and no tracking number received. Anything I can do??


Call your credit card compay and see if you can do a charge-back.

Delsar Registered User
#15

Thanks for that Pythia

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!