conor.hogan.2 Registered User
#391

Yeah ok thanks. Yes I would hardly call you a liar on it as you seem very big into all of the black hippy stuff not just K Lamars stuff.

I will give it a miss and actually buy section.80 and some other stuff.

I don't really like what I have heard of Ab Soul anyway, he is more G rap than Lamar. I don't really like his style a lot anyway. But sure I said the same for Kendrick Lamar!!!! So who knows.

That DMX is pretty bad sounds like it was mixed with fruity loops by a 12 year old non hip-hop fan.

mufcboy1999 Registered User
#392

conor.hogan.2 said:
Yeah ok thanks. Yes I would hardly call you a liar on it as you seem very big into all of the black hippy stuff not just K Lamars stuff.

I will give it a miss and actually buy section.80 and some other stuff.

I don't really like what I have heard of Ab Soul anyway, he is more G rap than Lamar. I don't really like his style a lot anyway. But sure I said the same for Kendrick Lamar!!!! So who knows.

That DMX is pretty bad sounds like it was mixed with fruity loops by a 12 year old non hip-hop fan.


you might like it man, thats just my opinion on it. if its a choice between section 80 and control the system, its section 80 all day. Usually stuff grows on me too like lamars recipe single but i really just cant get into control the system.

ab soul is very much a hate him or love him, his content is not everyones cup of tea but he is a good rapper and has a fair few nice songs but like most hyped artists these days he's seemed to fall where it matters most his debut album.

none of them have or probably ever will come close to section 80 bar lamar himself. there all talented , lamar and schoolboy being the most talented imo but this is the 2nd album i haven't felt from them the other being jay rocks debut which was very forgettable.

also j.cole confirmed yesterday that a collab with lamar is 100 per cent happening and that they have a bit of material recorded already.

horsebox09 Registered User
#393

I'm not too sure what to think of Ab-Soul's album yet, I'll definitely need to give it few more spins, at the moment I'm still addicted to Killer Mike's new lp

Track Two, Pineal Gland, Terrorist Threat and Illuminate are all awesome though

1 person has thanked this post
conor.hogan.2 Registered User
#394

mufcboy1999 said:
you might like it man, thats just my opinion on it. if its a choice between section 80 and control the system, its section 80 all day. Usually stuff grows on me too like lamars recipe single but i really just cant get into control the system.

ab soul is very much a hate him or love him, his content is not everyones cup of tea but he is a good rapper and has a fair few nice songs but like most hyped artists these days he's seemed to fall where it matters most his debut album.

none of them have or probably ever will come close to section 80 bar lamar himself. there all talented , lamar and schoolboy being the most talented imo but this is the 2nd album i haven't felt from them the other being jay rocks debut which was very forgettable.

also j.cole confirmed yesterday that a collab with lamar is 100 per cent happening and that they have a bit of material recorded already.


Yeah, I might like it and I might "try before I buy" like I did with section.80 but I really feel like I should buy section.80 it is just that good I feel I have to buy it even though it was kinda sorta released as free at first?

I can't wait for that collab. J Cole makes some absolute banging beats (I am still very very so so on his rapping).

Orizio Registered User
#395

conor.hogan.2 said:


I don't really like what I have heard of Ab Soul anyway, he is more G rap than Lamar.



Please elaborate.

conor.hogan.2 Registered User
#396

He is quite different in style to Lamar. Perhaps you don't agree.

Although I think I am mixing up Ab-Soul with Jay Rock and/or Schoolboy Q they are way more gangsta. Yeah I am definitely mixing them up.

mufcboy1999 Registered User
#397

mufcboy1999 said:
you might like it man, thats just my opinion on it. if its a choice between section 80 and control the system, its section 80 all day. Usually stuff grows on me too like lamars recipe single but i really just cant get into control the system.

ab soul is very much a hate him or love him, his content is not everyones cup of tea but he is a good rapper and has a fair few nice songs but like most hyped artists these days he's seemed to fall where it matters most his debut album.

none of them have or probably ever will come close to section 80 bar lamar himself. there all talented , lamar and schoolboy being the most talented imo but this is the 2nd album i haven't felt from them the other being jay rocks debut which was very forgettable.

also j.cole confirmed yesterday that a collab with lamar is 100 per cent happening and that they have a bit of material recorded already.


Yeah, I might like it and I might "try before I buy" like I did with section.80 but I really feel like I should buy section.80 it is just that good I feel I have to buy it even though it was kinda sorta released as free at first?

I can't wait for that collab. J Cole makes some absolute banging beats (I am still very very so so on his rapping).


Ye as far as i know it was released as a free mixtape at first and was available for free download on the likes of daftpift, for what ever reason back then it slipped my attention and I only ended up hearing about it as a studio album via iTunes.

I use to be big into jay rocks stuff, he was kind of the original flagship artist for black hippy. It's amazing how Lamar has just took his lead, even schoolboy IMO has a bigger buzz than jay rock. If you havnt listened to schoolboy you should give him a try, great rapper. You'll probably notice his delivery with his bars straight away, it's always on point, possibly his biggest asset.

But Ye I think you should buy section 80 too, defeintly a modern classic. Just hope lamars debut can better it or least get close.

conor.hogan.2 Registered User
#398

I will listen to all of them. Literally 20+ albums in my queue easily already though. Ye I hope his debut and/or the Cole collab are anywhere near it aswel.

mufcboy1999 Registered User
#399

conor.hogan.2 said:
I will listen to all of them. Literally 20+ albums in my queue easily already though. Ye I hope his debut and/or the Cole collab are anywhere near it aswel.


Ye it's hard going to make room for new artists sometimes. For me most of the time 1st impression is everything, il give 1 or 2 songs a listen and if im not not someway interested by then that's it.

Very fickle when it comes to music.

conor.hogan.2 Registered User
#400

mufcboy1999 said:
Ye it's hard going to make room for new artists sometimes. For me most of the time 1st impression is everything, il give 1 or 2 songs a listen and if im not not someway interested by then that's it.

Very fickle when it comes to music.


Me too usually, luckily I have given people a second chance though.

Krs-One, PE, 50, Kanye and Kendrick Lamar all had either meh or bad first listenings for me so I am lucky I gave them a second (3rd, 4th...) listen.

There is just so much new music lately that is worth listening too, which is great.

1 person has thanked this post
P4DDY2K11 Registered User
#401



X didn't disappoint me with this song, produced by Dre too.
Still have to listen to the rest of the EP, if it goes along these lines it's class

1 person has thanked this post
Andy_rse Moderator
#402

MaLLy dropped his album today. I havent heard it yet, waiting for my physical copy to arrive, but if its anything like the other stuff Ive heard from him then its gonna be dope. Free DL link at the bottom!

(Invalid youtube)

Even the promo videos are great!

(Invalid youtube)

(Invalid youtube)

(Invalid youtube)

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/05/album-premiere-mally-the-sundance-kid-the-last-great

1 person has thanked this post
Jimmy Iovine Registered User
#403

Andy_rse said:
MaLLy dropped his album today. I havent heard it yet, waiting for my physical copy to arrive, but if its anything like the other stuff Ive heard from him then its gonna be dope. Free DL link at the bottom!

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/05/album-premiere-mally-the-sundance-kid-the-last-great


Really looking forward to hearing this. I've had "Free on the 15th" on play for the last few days now. Gets better every time I hear it.

1 person has thanked this post
MD1990 Registered User
#404



good track

Orizio Registered User
#405

Yeah really its impossible to assess a track/album off 1-2 listens.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!