RayCun Registered User
#241

some changes to the summer calendar?


Looks like I'm running a 1500m this year, but not a 3000m...

1 person has thanked this post
average_runner Registered User
#242

The 10k in Corkage Park is a new one, down the road from me so could be on for that

#243

Some interesting races there. The 10k in Corkach park looks particuarly interesting to me. Could be a good alternative to the mayhem of the race series 10k in swords...

#244

The 5 miler in Dunboyne is a great race, well worth the trip.

Peckham Registered User
#245

menoscemo said:
Could be a good alternative to the mayhem of the race series 10k in swords...


Why are you thinking that race will be mayhem? I was going to give it a lash on the basis that it will be less crowded than the races in the Park (Swords at 10.30 on a Sunday morning!), and run on wider roads.

#246

Peckham said:
Why are you thinking that race will be mayhem? I was going to give it a lash on the basis that it will be less crowded than the races in the Park (Swords at 10.30 on a Sunday morning!), and run on wider roads.


The swords one is down on my plan, but I'd just fear it being crowded like the Race series 5 miler. Do you know the course? Are the roads wider etc?

Peckham Registered User
#247

menoscemo said:
The swords one is down on my plan, but I'd just fear it being crowded like the Race series 5 miler. Do you know the course? Are the roads wider etc?


I know most of the route, and certainly the first two miles are on very wide roads. However what I don't know is how much of these roads they will be closing off. For example, much of the first few miles is along a dual carriageway - not sure whether they will be closing off one side or one lane of the dual carriageway, or sending everyone onto the footpath.

AJCOT Registered User
#248

Saturday should be the driest day of the week & month!

plodder Registered User
#249

Peckham said:
I know most of the route, and certainly the first two miles are on very wide roads. However what I don't know is how much of these roads they will be closing off. For example, much of the first few miles is along a dual carriageway - not sure whether they will be closing off one side or one lane of the dual carriageway, or sending everyone onto the footpath.

The whole route is on decent wide roads. If they're doing this at all, they might as well do it properly and close the roads completely. There won't be any traffic getting into Swords from the Malahide roundabout anyway. So, they could close that whole side of the bypass. Have to say, I'd be very surprised if there is any congestion problems on the course.

#250

Corkagh park 10k , there was one there a few years ago and never run it, doubt that it will be a very fast course but going to be a must run for me I think.

average_runner Registered User
#251

I did the one a few years ago and was a disaster. Path ways were open to walkers in the path so everyone was competing for space. Flat enough course too.


I am sure BHAA will run it well and not have every day walkers on the path during the race.

RayCun Registered User
#252

Only noticed the Dublin half marathon is not on the list above, just when I'd talked myself into racing it
Time to get the calendar out again...

huskerdu Registered User
#253

Is the RTE race on Saturday still €15 to enter if I just show up and register on the day ?

RayCun Registered User
#254

huskerdu said:
Is the RTE race on Saturday still €15 to enter if I just show up and register on the day ?


Yep

15 euro for just this race, or 15 euro to join and then 10 for the race

huskerdu Registered User
#255

RayCun said:
Yep

15 euro for just this race, or 15 euro to join and then 10 for the race


Thanks, Ray, hope to see you there.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!