Lola92 Registered User

Any move here from the powers that be?

vicwatson Registered User

+1 go for it

Crann na Beatha Neart agus OnĂ³ir

I already gave a plus one already earlier in the thread but i find myself looking for a new mop and a forum like this would be invaluable for people in the know to recommend one.

slowburner Moderator

I was looking for one myself only yesterday.
They are very desirable items when you haven't got one.

looksee Moderator

I wish someone would invent one of those old fashioned ones like a bunch of threads, but with something solid in the middle that would actually rub the floor instead of just slopping around. All the sponge ones are rubbish.

Edit: +1 by the way!

Cliona99 Registered User

+1

FanadMan Registered User

There are prob lots of people that would love to know some of the old methods of cleaning that really work without having to spend money on expensive and useless products - know I would!

+1

3 people have thanked this post
slowburner Moderator

FanadMan said:
There are prob lots of people that would love to know some of the old methods of cleaning that really work without having to spend money on expensive and useless products - know I would!

+1

Expensive and unhealthy.
see here for example

Diddler1977 Registered User

slowburner said:
A sub forum under Home & Garden makes sense

+1

slowburner Moderator

Passing through the engineering forum, I noticed a bunch of threads which had received 0 replies. Many of these threads were directly concerned with cleaning issues.
I'm sure there are many other forums where similar threads languish unreplied, and sink into the abyss.
It would be great to broaden the parameters of this possible forum to emphasise the restorative aspect of cleaning.
Very often, the problems with seemingly broken things is that they just need to be cleaned.
I'm sure many boardsies will share my distaste for the 'throw away' culture - so prevalent during the boom years, and equally many might remember the culture of 'make do and mend' - a culture we would be smart to re-evaluate.
It makes sense to me to have a forum where posts should go intuitively, rather than having them sitting all alone and ignored in the wrong place.

fiona-f Registered User

+1
Perhaps cleaning and housekeeping? The home and garden section is great for the big once-off stuff but lacking in somewhere to discuss the regular day to day business of cleaning and kaintaining a home

tawnyowl Registered User

+1

AnnyHallsal Registered User

+1

Dazza Registered User

+ 1

Justask Registered User

+1

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!