#8,761

shadowcomplex said:
I have a feeling Vidic will be sold

Based on?

shadowcomplex Closed Account
#8,762

Paul Tergat said:
Based on?

based on the fact this summer will be the last time united will get a decent transfer fee for him given his age and the fact he has been linked with a move to Real madrid so many times in recent months before his injury in the press, this longterm injury could stop that departure from happening though, another reason its just a gut feeling I have, I had the same gut feeling about scholes coming out of retirement and I was right despite the abuse I took here for suggesting such a ludicrous thing

Paul Tergat Registered User
#8,763

shadowcomplex said:
based on the fact this summer will be the last time united will get a decent transfer fee for him given his age and the fact he has been linked with a move to Real madrid so many times in recent months before his injury in the press, this longterm injury could stop that departure from happening though

Makes sense. Possible I guess given we have 2 young lads there to take over.

shadowcomplex said:
another reason its just a gut feeling I have, I had the same gut feeling about scholes coming out of retirement and I was right despite the abuse I took here for suggesting such a ludicrous thing

Meh to this. Im sure we all get these from time to time. We only remember the ones we get right (1 in 100s) and tend to ignore the ones we got badly wrong.

1 person has thanked this post
kmart6 Registered User
#8,764

shadowcomplex said:
based on the fact this summer will be the last time united will get a decent transfer fee for him given his age and the fact he has been linked with a move to Real madrid so many times

And you really think Madrid or any other top team are goin to splash out on a player coming back from a cruciate injury?!

#8,765

kmart6 said:
And you really think Madrid or any other top team are goin to splash out on a player coming back from a cruciate injury?!

We did it with Ruud

d22ontour Registered User
#8,766

Paul Tergat said:
We did it with Ruud

We were buying him before he got injured though,not the same as some team making a random offer,i think he may see his career out with us all the same.

#8,767

d22ontour said:
We were buying him before he got injured though,not the same as some team making a random offer,i think he may see his career out with us all the same.

I didnt think he officially signed though? We would then assess the situation after his injury as any team would with Vida.

Hope we keep him

d22ontour Registered User
#8,768

I meant we wanted him, his injury only delayed it, plenty of articles about covering how he got letters from Fergie etc, he was coming to us and his injury only delayed it somewhat.
Nobody is courting Vidic at the moment and it will be a 30m+ bid to take him away imo.

Patsy fyre Closed Account
#8,769

Tomato tomato

G.K. Closed Account
#8,770

Damn, I am thinking of Dodo.

RasTa Registered User
#8,771

0 chance Vidic will be sold, willing to bet money if you want.

shadowcomplex Closed Account
#8,772

Who do you guys think is a better player and would be best for united Parker or Tiote, if fergie persists with 442 in europe next season we will need a player like that to protect the back four, I havent seen him play Rooney up front on his own in a long time

MoscowFlyer Registered User
#8,773

RasTa said:
0 chance Vidic will be sold, willing to bet money if you want.

Yes, I'll take action on this as well.

You have to remember we didn't exactly break the bank for him wrt a transfer fee. He will be our No1 CB for the next 3-4 years then we will gradually phase him out.

blueshed Registered User
#8,774

being watching Fulham game and Clint Dempsey played very good again.

you reckon he is good enough for the UTD team.

Mikeyt086 Registered User
#8,775

G.K. said:
Damn, I am thinking of Dodo.

United have a first option deal on Dodo until 2013, when he turns 21 afaik.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!