beer enigma Registered User

My wife told me that the photos I took at my brothers party in the UK last weekend automatically populated onto my iPad which was at home in Cork that same evening. just as well I was behaving

For me personally its a huge bonus that photos will stream home, I can see some interesting situations arising from iCloud in the future.......

culabula Moderator

Andip said:
My wife told me that the photos I took at my brothers party in the UK last weekend automatically populated onto my iPad which was at home in Cork that same evening. just as well I was behaving

For me personally its a huge bonus that photos will stream home, I can see some interesting situations arising from iCloud in the future.......

Well, 'tis the nature of the beast.

1 person has thanked this post
The Big Gig Registered User

Andip said:

you have photo stream turned on within iCloud settings.

I think the inability to do something as basic as deleting photos from the cloud on the users terms, not apple's is something thats seriously lacking.

Occasionally I get the urge to do a bit of talent spotting with me iPhone. Sticky situation with the missus as these opened in her browser on our home networked computer and I had to explain away the tit and bum shots a obviously the shutter stuck or something.

I usually save these art pieces to my private folder before the networks shares but the iCloud will be responsible for bringing couples closer together for sure.

Trotter said:
I think the inability to do something as basic as deleting photos from the cloud on the users terms, not apple's is something thats seriously lacking.

I'm thinking of disabling iCloud for this reason. I gave up the previous paid for version MobileMe and it had more user control, but it's not something I think I like ~ it's like one's mind being made public sort of.

Serious flaw, had to turn off photo stream myself. Missus saw me taking pictures of my willy.

godtabh Moderator

Captain McDuck said:
Serious flaw, had to turn off photo stream myself. Missus saw me taking pictures of my willy.

Didnt think the iPhone had that big of a zoom

14 people have thanked this post

Trotter said:

Thats an oversight being corrected in iOS 5.1 according to the developer previews.

kaizersoze Registered User

Captain McDuck said:

Which one?

or

2 people have thanked this post

aidan_walsh said:
Thats an oversight being corrected in iOS 5.1 according to the developer previews.

Good, 'cause I've, like other have multiple copies of pics and vids that just won't go away after transfer and deletion.

Another way around this on the iPad would be if they brought in multiple user accounts on the iPad.

So when you wake the device you choose what account and put in pass code.

I can see them bringing in this feature when the entry level iPad has 64GB memory. Probably 2 generations away at least.

Stainless_Steel said:
Another way around this on the iPad would be if they brought in multiple user accounts on the iPad.

So when you wake the device you choose what account and put in pass code.

I can see them bringing in this feature when the entry level iPad has 64GB memory. Probably 2 generations away at least.

I don't. The iPhone and iPad are intended to be personal devices.

dingding Registered User

The music app is now unusable on my iPhone. When I play music it is constantly streaming the music from the cloud. When I am out walking the music stops and starts as it can't download he music quick enough.

Is there any way to switch it off. On a tempory basis or to only allow streaming over wifi.

nebo Registered User

dingding said:
The music app is now unusable on my iPhone. When I play music it is constantly streaming the music from the cloud. When I am out walking the music stops and starts as it can't download he music quick enough.

Is there any way to switch it off. On a tempory basis or to only allow streaming over wifi.

If you got to Settings>Store and turn "Use Cellular Data" off, iTunes match will only work over wifi

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!